Dodge and Chevy out of NASCAR, Obama orders

natedogg624

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think Obama should also order "speedtv" to restore back to speedvision as well while he's at it.

i hate nascar 24/7.

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

i want wrc, the dtm, british touring cars, atc, and kart racing back!!!!

More lies and fear. Obama is our savior. :nono:

Seriously though, it's NASCAR. I feel bad for whoever is getting hit in the pocketbooks (I'm sure some people will lose jobs over this, though it will trudge on with other private sector funding), but this isn't a "technology-based" series like ALMS. I wouldn't be surprised if drag racing is next. The pro stock guys are the only class running bodies remotely close to factory sheetmetal, and like nascar, they're still running almost homogeneous engines - I don't care if it's 500ci of Ford, Mopar, or GM DRCE engines... they're all STILL CARBUERATED and they are near identical - no value-added technolgy there. Funny car bodies are just carbon fiber loosely based on factory sheetmetal, but all the engines are identical - and I don't think there's too much more to learn that'll make it to the showroom from 6000hp nitromethane burning powerplants.

As much as it pains me to acknowledge "sport compacts", the factory support for the NHRA sport compact series is more realistic and appropriate in helping the factories. Where else can you learn that the bottom end of a stock 2.0L Ecotec is good for 700hp?

I guess what it all boils down to is GM/Dodge want money, then they're going to get it on the lenders' terms, which happens to be the gov't in this case. It's fair, regardless of whether you think it's smart or stupid on GM/Dodge/Gov't-part. It's how it's going to be, or let them go under and they wouldn't be sponsoring NASCAR anyway under bankruptcy.

Think this might be another AIG thing though? I mean, the contract for sponsorship is already in place and GM/Dodge are legally obligated to it, are they not?

Oh God I miss WRC.

I know I have been looking for places I can watch the wrc races online but I have failed so far in my quest.... :(

That and the fact that they refuse to air the german, austrailan, and British touring cars at all anymore pissed me off beond belief. At first they played them as the season went on at like 10pm on Sunday nights so my dad and I would stay up til 1am and watch all three of them, then they moved them to the winter months which I was ok with cause it gave me something to follow durring the off season, then this year they cancled the programing of all three together!!!!!

PM sent e-

anyone read the whole thing and notice the end of it?

hyundai might fill the void... i mean toyota's already in it, why not add the south korean manufacturer to the highly confederate sport...

good april fools mainly cuz it almost could be true (except the hyundai part...)

Man.....And I thought this was a reverse discrimination move by Obama toward the southern white cracker ;)

If this article were true......Does that mean that the Army, Marines & Coast Guard are also gonna have to quit advertising in NASCRAP since the governments so broke?!? :D

PM sent e-

anyone read the whole thing and notice the end of it?

hyundai might fill the void... i mean toyota's already in it, why not add the south korean manufacturer to the highly confederate sport...

good april fools mainly cuz it almost could be true (except the hyundai part...)

I dont see what your talking about.

Kill off NASCAR, bring a whole F1 serious here. I'll vote for Obama in four years if he succeeds.

personally, id rather see a doorhandle to doorhandle nascar finish than i would see an F1 race with a freakin 20 second margin of victory...

i want to see the drivers race each other, not race the track :)