Home HVAC Recommendations?

Mr. Jones

Make sure that if you guys are AEP customers to claim your rebates for the work you're doing and get some cash back.

If Garrett @ AirQuest Heating and Cooling 614-589-2795 can't hook you up I highly suggest using:

Atlas Butler 614-294-8600

Favret Heating and Cooling 614-488-5211

Columbus Worthington Air 614-771-7001

This isn't an opinion like "my neighbor Bill had a good experience" it's from seeing audits performed on their work and routine QC showing they do excellent work. Garrett's company is among one of them too.

Make sure that if you guys are AEP customers to claim your rebates for the work you're doing and get some cash back.

If Garrett @ AirQuest Heating and Cooling 614-589-2795 can't hook you up I highly suggest using:

Atlas Butler 614-294-8600

Favret Heating and Cooling 614-488-5211

Columbus Worthington Air 614-771-7001

This isn't an opinion like "my neighbor Bill had a good experience" it's from seeing audits performed on their work and routine QC showing they do excellent work. Garrett's company is among one of them too.

Tell more about this AEP rebate? Also do you see anything on your list miller about Westin Air LLC, or My Heating and Cooling?

Tell more about this AEP rebate? Also do you see anything on your list miller about Westin Air LLC, or My Heating and Cooling?

AEP has incentive to offer rebates to customers for improving (decreasing) their energy consumption. The rebate gives them a right to claim the kw/kwh savings as a part of their effort in going green and helping grid demand.

If you're an AEP customer and you do any of these improvements you get paid some money back for it. Honestly, some of these rebates can make the work next to free.

PIN based CFL's

Wall Insulation

CFL Torchieres (the tall standing lamps)

Air Sealing

Window Film

ESTAR Window Replacement

Attic or ceiling insulation

shower start/stop

ESTAR Celing fan

Heat pump programmable thermostat

Duct Sealing

A/C Tuneup

Furnace Replacement with ECM

ECM Kit

ESTAR A/C

ESTAR Heat Pump

http://www.gridsmartohio.com/

There are other programs going on but I specifically have knowledge about the In-Home energy program. Also, Hetter and Westin both get a +1. They're good peoples.

Miller, any idea why not regular CFLs?

Do you know how long this program will last? We will probably buy a house this summer. We will definitely make it (much) more energy efficient over time, but if this program is still in place I imagine we may do a few things right away.

Do you have to get a certain SERE rating on the heat pump/furnace to get a rebate?

*edit* nm, upon research, your old pump has to be under sere 13 and the new one has to be above sere 14.5

:dumb:

14.5 is pretty basic bub. Geo units are seeing up 28 SEER these days. Won't set you back that bad for a 15.

Miller, any idea why not regular CFLs?

Do you know how long this program will last? We will probably buy a house this summer. We will definitely make it (much) more energy efficient over time, but if this program is still in place I imagine we may do a few things right away.

The program will be renewing for 3 more years in June 2012, whether it is with my firm is TBD but either way you still get your goods.

There is no rebate for regular CFL's because in order to qualify for the rebate you need a free assessment or you can fill out an online energy checkup. We give you free cfl's, pipe wrap, faucet aerators, door ceiling and LED nightlights (most popular). We guinea pigged my old, shitty condo is southern Westerville and it actually saved me about $10 monthly doing just the assessment (I had an especially bad air seal around my door).

EDIT: + Lowe's, HD and Costco have CFL's for so cheap there's no purpose to rebate them (and they are contractually Lowe for you because AEP is paying them the difference). A regular CFL direct from the Manufacturer is around $1.50-60. Match that to what you pay at those 3 stores and that's how much they're helping out.

Gabe are you switching to a heat pump from a/c??? Is that why the cost is so high?

i dont know what i have currently. there are 2 heat pump things in the yard, both 10 sere units, then they feed whatever is inside, also 2 separate but identical units.

all i know is they recommend replacing it all. the inside furnace a/c heater whatever units are from like 1980, the outside duders are from 1997. they cant replace one or the other cause they are r22 and they need to be r410.

you can tell how much i know about hvac. i dont know how the a/c works or how to differentiate btw a heat pump and ac.

Sorry im on my phone this might be messy. The easiest way to tell ac from hp is anowlegs. If the box sits on the slab its ac. If it has little legs holdingt up its hp. How many square feet is this place? If it is indeed large enough yo need two primary heating and cooling systems than 8k is about right. But if your aep you can take $900-$1300 off in rebates

i dont know what i have currently. there are 2 heat pump things in the yard, both 10 sere units, then they feed whatever is inside, also 2 separate but identical units.

all i know is they recommend replacing it all. the inside furnace a/c heater whatever units are from like 1980, the outside duders are from 1997. they cant replace one or the other cause they are r22 and they need to be r410.

you can tell how much i know about hvac. i dont know how the a/c works or how to differentiate btw a heat pump and ac.

If your furnaces are electric, they are almost positively heat pumps. You can leave Tue old furnaces in there and just replace the coil with a new heat pump but with one from 1980 it is not worth the time and effort.