rotella t/delvac in non diesel applications?

AWW$HEEET

Rotella T & M1 TDT oil are both very good oils regardless of their use in gas or diesel.

Look on Bobistheoilguy, you can find tons of tests & uao's on just about every oil existance.

Lots of times you can find your specific type of vehicle and see how it holds up for them.

;)

I've heard of some of the more serious vr-4 3000gt engine builders running rotella t, not sure on what weight. Seems like diesel oils are generally higher quality than standard oils, but among diesel oils there are better choices than rotella.

I can say that my dad runs valvoline premium blue in his cummins, and he seemed to do quite a bit of research.

The higher zddp levels are no longer in diesel oil. zddp is actually lower in diesel than regular oils anymore.

Wasn't increased zddp the whole reason to run diesel oil (rotella) in the first place:confused:

Yes. But as spankis mentioned, the diesel emissions changed and they took the zddp out.

Correct. When they did this it caused problems in Powerstroke injectors and in other motors as well. I will be running Motorcraft 15w40 this year.

How so? Serious question

In the 7.3 and 6.0 diesels the injectors run off of high pressure oil. The change in oil chemistry caused the injectors to stick slightly. This results in premature injector failure and other issues in the 6.4 and 6.7 engines.

In the 7.3 and 6.0 diesels the injectors run off of high pressure oil. The change in oil chemistry caused the injectors to stick slightly. This results in premature injector failure and other issues in the 6.4 and 6.7 engines.

90% of the time it's not an actual mechanical failure. It's sticktion. The 6.0l injector issues can almost always be cured with an oil additive.

Then with the 6.4s and newer they're a common rail so no issues.

I ran the rotella in the TA. The engine builder said the bearings looked like new after two years.

I might add that I always add about a third of a bottle of engine break in additive with every oil change in all of my vehicles. Fuck the EPA I will put whatever I want in my oil.

90% of the time it's not an actual mechanical failure. It's sticktion. The 6.0l injector issues can almost always be cured with an oil additive.

Then with the 6.4s and newer they're a common rail so no issues.

Read closer to my post (hint its in red ;)) The end result is failure. Yes the newer engines are common rail. Go ahead and use it in the if you wish its your choice. Just saying when I worked for a Ford dealer as a diesel tech it caused issues and not recommended to use it in Powerstrokes. :D