1400whp GT5588 Supra vs. 2 1500whp UR Stage 1 R Lambos

ohioko4s4

Here's a pretty good video shot from Tag's Supra of me (white) and Kevin (orange) on the highway after Tag whooped up on SW the night before....

UR is coming out with some video I believe later tonight shot from my car.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie do you and Kevin have similar setups and did you run any other bikes?

Kevin was driving that orange SL on behalf of a customer. Yes, pretty similar, but I was running slightly more boost and have a different billet trans combo.

Yes, I ran Dover's turbo busa the night before. Our camera coverage isn't great since we lost the side camera a few miles before. :mad: We're trying to find the camera that was mounted on Dover's bike....

Is there basically a monopoly right now on fast as fuck cars? Is there anything that even compares to that car? Meaning speed, drive ability, reliability?

It just seems like they are in a class of their own shitting on everything else.

Is there basically a monopoly right now on fast as fuck cars? Is there anything that even compares to that car? Meaning speed, drive ability, reliability?

It just seems like they are in a class of their own shitting on everything else.

They have the first mover advantage in the market right now. It will take some time and $$$ for another company to catch up. That is assuming another company wants to throw their hat into this market.

It's like there's absolutely no point in having anything else.

This is what i have thought and wondered since i first saw them. Money aside, it seems the answer is yes.

They have the first mover advantage in the market right now. It will take some time and $$$ for another company to catch up. That is assuming another company wants to throw their hat into this market.

UR has a 3 year track record with over a 100 cars built and was #2 to market. They have moved far beyond 'first mover advantage'. There have been multiple companies that have tried to 'out build' UR but all have failed or been put on hold. There is no question the engineering can be improved upon (especially IC efficiency and Kevin knows that), but at this point, everything works ok and there isn't a need. These builds aren't complex, but take quite a bit of time to source the correct parts - many pieces which UR has an exclusive. If I owed a shop, I'd be thinking the same thing - this isn't rocket science. No question Switzer could do a killer job on a Gallardo if he had a 12-18 month R&D time and budget. But the fact is UR has such an aggressive marketing platform on top of loyal customers that it is a very hard market to break into with success.

There has been lots of shit talking around IPS's Murci build and how they are going to take it to UR. I wish David the best. There is a reason why UR has only built a few cars on that dated platform. They'll find out soon enough.

Jamie, did you race SW? It looks like he was beating a few other TTGs with having less HP. Is the silver Supra Seafish?

No. There were 4 lambos racing: SW (orange) and Eric (white) both were stock clutch 1250 cars. And Kevin driving a customer car (orange) and me (matte white) at 1500+. Eric sort of fucked up the curve as he had a tough weekend - was racing people in the wrong gear, not brake boosting, etc. So it created a lot of confusion as to why he lost, but SW beat the same GTR, etc.

Yes, Seafish owns the silver Supra, but had Tag drive it for him.