wifi tether iphone/ipad questions...

I am interested in this as well. I need a phone line but also need a mifi spot. My options are to pay the $70 for a smartphone/used as mifi as well with features I dont need or go with verizons new phone service which can be had for $10 a month if I share my current plan minutes and get the mifi jet thingy at $50 for internet. Theres a 3rd option of going with a traditional phone company that provides internet but I dont know if I can get service any cheaper than option 1 or 2. Then again option 1 and 2 puts me into a 2 year contract.

Jason, my Roadrunner through Time Warner is $50 a month, but that's residential. I'm assuming you are looking for something for the store, and they will probably require a business plan. No clue how much that is.

As far as tethering is concerned, there have been a few things pop up here and there that enabled tethering without JB but they got shut down pretty fast. If you are going to tether without paying for it, avoid ATT as they monitor that shit pretty well. Sprint turns a blind eye and still has unlimited data. Their downside is their 3g speed is shit, 4g isn't so bad if you have it available. And it's way easy to do with an Android device.

If you want to tether on an I device, jailbreak and use iTether.

Jason: Go to Clear and get your wife one of the refurbed Clear wifi modems. Alex has be and can tell you about it. I think that's your best bet.

http://www.clear.com/packages/details/id/off0030p

They used to have those refurbed for less. There's a Clear store @ Easton.

Edited by JaSSon