Bought a shed kit and think Lowes gave us the wrong size plywood for the floor

Browning

Bought an Arrow 10x8 shed kit from lowes and it requires plywood for the floor. We didn't know what size we needed and Lowes told us to get the 11/32" plywood so we did. Just opened instructions and it says they recommend 5/8". It comes with a floor kit that looks like this.

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/026862/026862100146xl.jpg

Think that floor kit with the 11/32" plywood on top will support a 550 pound riding mower?

edit- floor kit will be laid on this base if we decide to order it tonight

http://www.arrowsheds.com/images/accessories/arrow_shed_foundationkit_bothviews.png

Wood was part of a delivery order and we don't have a truck to haul it 20 miles back to lowes

What are the odds I could get lowes to delivery the right wood and pick this up without another delivery charge?

idk that they would do the swap for free being that is the wood you ordered, however it doesnt hurt to call them to find out

edit: just saw first post and seen they recommended it, they messed up and you may be able to swing that to your advantage

idk that they would do the swap for free being that is the wood you ordered, however it doesnt hurt to call them to find out

edit: just saw first post and seen they recommended it, they messed up and you may be able to swing that to your advantage

I'm more than happy to pay the difference. I just don't want to pay another delivery fee. We only bought it cause that is what they said we needed.

Lowes is generally pretty good about things like this. Contact customer service of that store and explain the situation. If the person you speak with says they can't help, ask to speak with the manager. If they say they can't help, contact the 800 customer service number. Just be polite and they will most likely take care of it.

Lowes is generally pretty good about things like this. Contact customer service of that store and explain the situation. If the person you speak with says they can't help, ask to speak with the manager. If they say they can't help, contact the 800 customer service number. Just be polite and they will most likely take care of it.

Thank you. Will do this first thing in the morning

What are the odds I could get lowes to delivery the right wood and pick this up without another delivery charge?

The odds might be much better if you actually give Lowes a call instead of posting on CR.

dude, I would return the shed and get a wood one... I had a metal shed on my property when I purchased it.... had nothing but problems with it until one day the wind got ahold of it and threw it across my property....

Sorry if I missed it but why not just pour concrete and be done with it pretty much forever? Would will eventually cause you issues. A few 2x4s, hand few of screws and some bags of concrete, your golden.
Never messed with concrete at all. Plus the base kit will make it a ton easier even though it's sold separate.

dude, I would return the shed and get a wood one... I had a metal shed on my property when I purchased it.... had nothing but problems with it until one day the wind got ahold of it and threw it across my property....

I know what you mean but the g/f wanted this one and it will fit our needs fine. Did you not anchor it? lol

Doing concrete is as easy as screwing together 2x4's to make a frame, laying some gravel inside, opening a bag of concrete, adding water to the consistancy you want, mix and pour it where you want it.Repeat as needed. Lastly come across your 2x4's from side to side across the top with another 2x4 to finish and let dry.

I know what you mean but the g/f wanted this one and it will fit our needs fine. Did you not anchor it? lol

it was anchored.... but I did not put it together... it was there when I bought the property... I will say that the door was always coming off of it's tracks, and it was pretty well dented up from just wind blowing into it... I would not recommend it to anyone.

Which Lowe's was it? Like Sully said, give them a call and ask to speak with the manager on duty, or the delivery manager. If you tell them they recommended the incorrect size and you need a different thickness, they'll take care of you and won't charge another delivery fee. They will only charge you the difference in price between the 11/32 and whatever thickness you decide to go with

Which Lowe's was it? Like Sully said, give them a call and ask to speak with the manager on duty, or the delivery manager. If you tell them they recommended the incorrect size and you need a different thickness, they'll take care of you and won't charge another delivery fee. They will only charge you the difference in price between the 11/32 and whatever thickness you decide to go with

Heath Lowes. Just called and explained to customer service, who transferred me straight to a manager. Told him the situation and that it called for at least 5/8". He took my name and number and said he'd have a delivery guy call me back once they get it all ready and that he'll swap them out for me without any charge at all. I said I'm more than happy to pay the difference since there's a good bit of a price difference between the wood. He said no and that they'd take care of it for me. Went way better than expected.

Go with the 3/4ths. I have 5/8ths on the bottom of our shed and it is pretty bouncy when I walk on it.

I didn't want to push my luck. Technically it calls for 5/8" and they're not charging me anything for swapping them out so I'm happy.