property tax re-assessment

AWW$HEEET

Seriously, just call into the Auditors office. They are amazing there. I called about applying for Owner Occupied reduction, the woman I talked to filled out the paperwork for me and got it in on time for a 'special hearing' they do once a month since we just bought the place. I was also calling about adjusting the valuation since we bought our place, and it was appraised at, about $20k less than what's on their website. She did all of that for me too, just had to email her my appraisal.

I haven't heard anything back yet though, it sounds like that may take a while. Will probably give it a few months and email or call her back.

i sent mine in around March. i haven't heard a freaking thing.

i called them last week, and the lady said they have it on file, but good luck getting anything done on it until around JULY 2013! WTF!

she did say however, that if we get a appraisal done, or sell the house. it will move us to the front of the line.

yeah mine was only rock solid because i had both a HUD1 from recent sale, and appraisal. im assuming those that are more difficult are put off til later.

My re-valuation got approved in July. They only lowered it $4,500 for tax years 2010 and 2011, which equated to me getting back a whopping $200. My assessed value is still $19,000 more than I paid for my house. Canal taxes suck big fat floppy donkey dick.

My re-valuation got approved in July. They only lowered it $4,500 for tax years 2010 and 2011, which equated to me getting back a whopping $200. My assessed value is still $19,000 more than I paid for my house. Canal taxes suck big fat floppy donkey dick.

Did you send in a HUD1 or an apprisal? I'm in Canal as well and yes the taxes do suck as you say.

I think the deadline to file for reassessment is March 31st. Mine took 6-8 months to process and they sent a refund check for overpayment. I think you have the option of not paying the contested taxes, but if they don't find in your favor, you then owe pentalty and interest.

I just got my house appraised within the last two months. I couldn't have done it by March 31st.

Seriously, just call into the Auditors office. They are amazing there. I called about applying for Owner Occupied reduction, the woman I talked to filled out the paperwork for me and got it in on time for a 'special hearing' they do once a month since we just bought the place. I was also calling about adjusting the valuation since we bought our place, and it was appraised at, about $20k less than what's on their website. She did all of that for me too, just had to email her my appraisal.

I haven't heard anything back yet though, it sounds like that may take a while. Will probably give it a few months and email or call her back.

Mine just appraised about 30k lower. Fail. I'll call the auditor.