Credit report

Ef8sirJunkie

report, yes. score, no.

annualcreditreport.com

scores will cost you like $7-8 each. i normally just pay the $25 or so every year-ish just to have the scores. im probably about due...i think april was my last one.

scores will cost you like $7-8 each.

Do NOT get your scores from this place. They are not the scores used by everyone else, and they are worthless. Also, do not download the electronic copy offered on the website, get the paper copy in the mail. :)

hmm that thread seems interesting (quick skim). I know i have debt to fix since i was let go some time ago. i am stable and trying to talk to my banker about a loan. he said to get my credit score and report and he will go over it and help me.

I am pretty sure the credit reporting agencies are required to give you one per year for free, I might be pulling that out of my ass but I think I remember that's the case.

Free report, yes. Free score, no.

I am pretty sure the credit reporting agencies are required to give you one per year for free, I might be pulling that out of my ass but I think I remember that's the case.

They definitely do. The three credit reporting agencies operate annualcreditreport.com, where you can obtain your free annual credit report. :)

you speak from experience? :fa:

I got a copy of mine when I bought my 2012 sport wagon

Then your bank gave it to you as a courtesy. Institutions are only required to give you a freebie if they make an "adverse" decision based on the info in the report.

I got mine for free after I got my AMEX card in the mail, no adverse action. Also got it from my credit union after they accepted my loan, along with getting it from Chase bank after they declined that very same loan.

Obviously there is no easy way to do it, but it's possible.

You could also go in and get pre-approved for a home loan with a realtor, they will tend to run your score and in most cases it costs nothing to get pre-approved.

credit karma seemed simpler then the others but i also done see where i can see or print out my credit report of who i owe etc? I see the report card but don't understand some information of it.

My scores show

transrisk - 571

auto insurance - 820

vantage - 594