Sketchy racing

phil

That's always been the problem - not the people you're racing, but the pack of idiots that follow you out and find their way into the mix by zipping around like a swarm of idiotic, bad driving bees.

Street racing is, by definition, kind of stupid - and anyone who has ever done it will usually acknowledge that. However, there's a "less stupid" way of street racing, and a "more stupid" way as well.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI Phil, there was a 4th gen RS, but it was a V-6 car. This pic sucks but the badge on the side is "RS".

http://www.theautochannel.com/media/photos/chevrolet/1997/97_chevy_camaro_rs.jpg

It was only an option on the 93-97 cars, correct?

That's always been the problem - not the people you're racing, but the pack of idiots that follow you out and find their way into the mix by zipping around like a swarm of idiotic, bad driving bees.

Street racing is, by definition, kind of stupid - and anyone who has ever done it will usually acknowledge that. However, there's a "less stupid" way of street racing, and a "more stupid" way as well.

I 100% agree!

It was only an option on the 93-97 cars, correct?

Couldn't tell you for sure.

and as for the original point of this thread, either I'm getting too old or some of the bullshit that kids call street racing is getting retarded. I will not be doing any racing around or leaving HD, thats a fact.

This....

I've never had an issue racing as long as your not adding additional drama to it.

and as for the original point of this thread, either I'm getting too old or some of the bullshit that kids call street racing is getting retarded. I will not be doing any racing around or leaving HD, thats a fact.

Agreed but if it was a member of CR that asked if we could compare. I don't mind doing that.

So let me get this straight, you met a group of unknown people at midnight in a parking lot and challenged them to an illegal race, and didn't think anything sketchy would come of it.

Superb logic, philburt.

unlike you i come out of my shell, my friends told me they were up there, but by the time i got out there they were gone. i dont mind talking to people idk, thats how you meet new people. ive met more people racing that im actually good friends with than you have in your phone.

FYI Phil, there was a 4th gen RS, but it was a V-6 car. This pic sucks but the badge on the side is "RS".

Are you talking about the dark blue one? Is that v6 on spray? When i was sitting on my car the other day i kept seeing smoke or something rolling away from that car. Had me thinking he kept purging in the lot but i dunno.

That's as bad as last nite I was talkin to a kid with an Ss and some idiot looks at me and is like is it an rs??? I responded" are you serous 98-02 didn't have an rs model" I kid u not he said "I go to wyotech we see them all the time......" I told him whatever school u go to you need to leave when u hear someone say a 99 camaro rs. Pack of dummies popping hoods and getting excited about a stock 2jz.

My car had the 'kit' sometimes referred to as an RS.

I chuckled when I saw your car last night (your plate. I was on my way out, dead tired)

nitrous is put on corvettes from the factory

Let me guess. Your C6 is "CR Stock" right? All that good factory nitrous and big factory cams....

EDIT: Oh, and focus's have nitrous from the factory

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeFWOJ46SysDd2wrwSdMIKJKwkPOf33dGin7m9Up01l_9PhWiB1_ODdh_n

Let me guess. Your C6 is "CR Stock" right? All that good factory nitrous and big factory cams....

EDIT: Oh, and focus's have nitrous from the factory

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeFWOJ46SysDd2wrwSdMIKJKwkPOf33dGin7m9Up01l_9PhWiB1_ODdh_n

LOL Saleen Nitrous Focus was it?

i took the factory nitrous off cause it was to much power.

im really a bolt on only car, i have let plenty of people look for it but no one can find it, one young kid was close he thought the fuel rail was the nitrous line.

You could get the RS kit on any year 4th gen Camaro. They came with RS badges unless it was a Z28 (like Patrick's 98 Z). A guy I work with has a 2002 V6 with the RS package.

But yeah, people fucking suck at racing these days. Too many stupid ass kids that think they are Paul Walker