My wife wants better gas mileage...

Mallard

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car payment and gas for a month combined still less than your lease payment.

You need to find yourself a sugar daddy like his wife did and you too could drive a new Volt with all the love-your-ass goodies :gabe:

By half

AND I drive 350 miles a week.

So you spend $160/month for both car and gas, yet drive 350 miles/wk? I spend at least $140/mo on just gas commuting. I can only see this happening if I had my car paid off or financed it for 10+ years.

haha, I'm no sugar daddy. Momma makes her own money.

Depending on the details of the lease, that's $2k-$4k of markup they are then using to buy down the lease. They aren't losing money on that deal either that I'm sure. Thus I stand behind my pillaging of America on this car by GM.

Either way, you have a very nice car there.

I checked and the financed amount on the lease is sticker minus ~$3500 (what the bank credits you of the tax credit) and a residual value of just over $25k. I think the other dealers are just marking them up like crazy.

I checked and the financed amount on the lease is sticker minus ~$3500 (what the bank credits you of the tax credit) and a residual value of just over $25k. I think the other dealers are just marking them up like crazy.

Then where's the $7,500 tax credit? Where's the discount off list price outside the $3,500 you just mentioned? Rehtorical, you don't need to answer; it's a done deal now. I would have a good time working a deal to buy one of those is what I'm saying. :masturboy:

+1 - what dealership can I get said deal? I spent the better part of the last two days working on deals to get out of my g8. I have about 2k in positive equity in it and want to get dsome kind of econobox to just bank mad money for the next 3 years. I darn near leased a 2012 civic today for 245 a month - ill gladly pay the 90 bones to pay zero monies for gas.

Seriously pm me with details.

+1 - what dealership can I get said deal? I spent the better part of the last two days working on deals to get out of my g8. I have about 2k in positive equity in it and want to get dsome kind of econobox to just bank mad money for the next 3 years. I darn near leased a 2012 civic today for 245 a month - ill gladly pay the 90 bones to pay zero monies for gas.

Buff Whelan Chevrolet in Sterling Heights. Largest Volt dealer in the country. When we went on Monday they had 6 or 7 on the lot. We took delivery on Thursday and there was only 1 left. They have been trading with other dealers around the country in order to get more.

It was $2500 due at signing. GM's site says 349/mo w/ $2999 at signing, so they are giving a pretty good deal. OnStar is free for the life of the vehicle, and XM is free for either 3 or 6 months (can't remember at the moment).

I am a car guy, but I must say, so far I absolutely love the car. It drives really well.

Edited by Mallard

When I was looking a few months ago for a cheap good MPG car, I found the new civics were 199 with no money down. A Chevy Cruze was 206 with no money down. I ended up getting the Cruze since the new Civics were having issues.

So with the money down you are paying $390 a month. Thats more in line with what I was finding. How is the transition going from electric to gas?

Yeah, but you will have a hard time ever finding one with $0 down.

Here's the quote I was given:

Base MSRP $40550.00

36 months 12,000 miles a year $361.74 with $942.41 due at signing

36 months 12,000 miles a year $315.02 with $2500 due at signing

leather MSRP $41450.00

36 months 12,000 miles a year $368.72 with $949.42 due at signing

36 months 12,000 miles a year $322.23 with $2500 due at signing

There was also a dealer around here selling their loaded demo for $8k off sticker (about $35k) and you would still get the $7500 tax credit, so it would come in around $27.5k, which is cheaper than a loaded Prius.

So what it appears is they are selling them at list and taking the $7,500 plus and additional $2,500 to cover, first, security and upfront taxes and fees, then applying the rest as a cap cost reduction. WOW!

Again, I have a hard time with what GM is doing with that. :nono: The $10k it took to bring the payment down is over $270mo in gas.

Edited by TTQ B4U

By half

AND I drive 350 miles a week.

You must Drive a Scooter.

At $3.50 a Gal(a conservative price) and 350 miles a week at 30 MPG ( killer milage in anything) is roughly 11.5 Gals/wk of fuel consumed. Multiply that by 4 weeks in a month avg. and you have $161 in Fuel Costs alone. His Payment is just over double your Fuel costs (give said numbers).

Soo...you tell me what kind of car youre driving for like $3/mo. since you said your payment and Fuel combined is half of his lease alone....And if you come in with something like "well my work buys my gas"....GTFO with that nonsense.....Thats a special situation you cant apply to a blanket statement like you made.

/Rant.

:fuckyeah:

I really like these and wouldnt mind checking them out for my next car.

Though i own my jetta outright and only spend about $40/week on gas so even buying a car with great mpg's will still cost me a lot more so it doesn't make sense for me. Nice car though.

So what it appears is they are selling them at list and taking the $7,500 plus and additional $2,500 to cover, first, security and upfront taxes and fees, then applying the rest as a cap cost reduction. WOW!

Again, I have a hard time with what GM is doing with that. :nono: The $10k it took to bring the payment down is over $270mo in gas.

It's not GM that is doing it. GM has to price the car at a price that makes a profit, and at this price they're still probably selling at a loss. Hell, supposedly Toyota didn't make a profit on the Prius for 10 years, but GM doesn't have the luxury to do that. The banks offer the lease, get the tax credit, etc., not GM. Multiple banks offer this lease price, but the Ally is the only one that doesn't charge a turn in fee, while others do.

People get the $7500 tax credit on the Prius and Leaf too, it's not just Volt owners getting a refund.

• 4 weeks later...

The wife is on a business trip so I stole the car for a few days. Today, my first day of driving the car, I managed 46 miles in EV mode and it said I still had a mile left when I rolled into the garage :)

543566_10150920719690399_500655398_11940088_1639752970_n.jpg

ok stupid question... other then at home where can you plug in to extend your range?

oh, i know you haven't had it long so might not be able to answer yet... how many miles can you average in city on a single charge?

ok stupid question... other then at home where can you plug in to extend your range?

oh, i know you haven't had it long so might not be able to answer yet... how many miles can you average in city on a single charge?

There are some public charging stations around some downtown areas, malls, airports, etc. Some owners have convinced their work place to put in a charging station or allow them to plug into 110V outlets while they are there. The 110 charger comes with the car and stowes under the trunk floor.

You will get your best mileage during city driving, or 50 mph and less, provided you are not starting and stopping every block. I managed my 46 miles on all city streets. Freeway driving drains it pretty quickly.

In the month we've owned it the engine has had to turn on twice, and one time was due to an overnight power outage.

It may be too early to ask this but can you shed some light on the fuel savings you've seen so far? Have you had to fill up the tank yet? What kind of hit has your electric bill seen?

I ended up with a 2011 Chevy Cruze and I'm really happy with it. I had 3k in equity in the G8 and the dealer gave me a 2011 demo car for 14200. I wanted something that would be paid off by the end of the year instead of getting into a lease so I decided to get the Cruze. I'm getting about 32mpg so far which is nearly double what I saw in the G8. That is a far cry from the 250+ calculated by your DIC but I'm happy all the same.