bmw tuning software?

Comebackkid

My cousin has put a 93 bmw 325i 2.5 6cyl in a s10 PU. I'm going to tune it and I need some input/advice on what tuning software or standalone that's easy to work with.

The trucks engine is already wired up using the bmw engine harness and next I'm trying to wire up the rest of truck using the rest of the bmw harness. We was going to use a stock ecu but hes going to build the motor and go turbo.

There's a thread on bimmerfourms with a decent amount of the 413's map locations mapped out if you have have the time and a copy of WinOLS.

The E36 is very friendly to any standalone, as the gauge cluster is mainly driven from sensors outside of the ECU, making the swap very easy. The TEC3 has mainly been the standalone of choice, but you'll find Autronic and DTA boxes in there as well.

If you are planning on using the stock BMW cam/crank sensors, you'll want to find a standalone that can be easily setup for a 60-2 crank wheel and a hall effect sensor. ODBII cam sensors are straight up goofy, so, you'll want to make sure its a three wire cam sensor.

ProEFI is out for the E46 M (HPfreaks use it) cars as they are heavily CAN based.