Handicap vehicle modifications

wnaplay1647545503

I am getting closer to needing at least one newer vehicle in the household. That being the case I am thinking of maybe getting some modifications to make things easier on the occasion driving is a real pain in the ass. I typically switch feet and drive with my left but the setup constantly has my right foot feeling like its in the way. Its not often I need something but the few times I have needed my wife to come pick me up has sucked.

My question is, has anyone ever seen the pedals reversed or even moved more to the left? I guess my other option is hand controls but has anyone seen them done so they arent in the way so the vehicle can be driven by someone not needing them.

Hand controls are out there. There are a couple options, one is a gas pedal extension that bolts to the floor under the brake pedal so you can hit the gas with your left foot. There are also hand controls to control the gas and brake. Dunno where to find them so try searching

Sounds like no matter how I get something modified, I may be the only one who can drive it.

Depending on the vehicle, some hand controlls have zero affect on a regular driver. You could use it and anyone could jump in the car and drive it like OEM, no issues...

Sounds like no matter how I get something modified, I may be the only one who can drive it.

nope, shit is made to be pretty simple. The gas pedal extension is just some extra shit that can be easily removed, but someone not knowing its there is going to have some trouble. The complete hand controls that I saw belonged to a friend who had been paralyzed, he was able to very easily remove it and throw it onto a different car, I don't think it required any permanent modifications.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=car+hand+controls

I buy wheelchair vans, sometimes is a family buys one to haul a kid they have me remove the hand controls. If this happens soon I will let you know.

They're are typically just bolted to the pedals and the driving lever is basically just a big extension to get to you're hands. You can drive perfectly normal with most of them on. Now there are multiple types of controls. I'm talking about the most basic.

Jason my cousin has a van that has hand controls and a regular driver can get right in and nothing in the way you just drive like normal. I will have to ask her what she uses. I will send her a text and then send you a pm.