Cheap flights?

Exodus

I'm need to fly to Seattle May 10th and i'm looking to purchase a ticket soon but I don't know the best place to look. I've searched Expedia.com, and all of those other websites... Are those sites the best places to buy plane tickets? Or is there a cheaper place I can purchase one? Also what airline do you guys recommend?

Thanks for your input.

Well, the first thing you need to know is that you are looking for a flight that is pretty soon - in booking terms. I would use Kayak to search for it. There are lots of airlines that fly to seatac, I typically fly United but I don't suggest them for budget travel.

I would use Kayak to search for it.

Ditto, they run a bot through everybody and you get to choose. You need to buy right now, prices are only going to go up. Just used them to get tix to Mexico City.

Air Tran seems wicked cheap for domestic, and I have heard satisfactory things about them. Just ran their site and it came up with a $280 flight on the 10th that gets you there by noon.

That's like a sore dick; ya just can't beat it.

This.

Look into flying out of Dayton, it saved my ex a shitton of money when she used to fly out here to visit.

This is usually correct, but it has never been enough in my case to justify driving to Dayton. I haven't flown that far away before though. Furthest I have flown is Vegas. YMMV

This is usually correct, but it has never been enough in my case to justify driving to Dayton. I haven't flown that far away before though. Furthest I have flown is Vegas. YMMV

I went to vegas a few years ago and it was only like 300 bucks both ways, but now in this short time its 350 to go to Seattle. Second time on an airplane:dumb:

I went to vegas a few years ago and it was only like 300 bucks both ways, but now in this short time its 350 to go to Seattle. Second time on an airplane:dumb:

In fairness, Vegas is a very common flight and they tend to be less expensive than most other places I've looked into out west. Shit, I'd love to go back to Yellowstone but the flight is about $700 round trip/person (like your trip). It kills me to spend twice as much to go roughly the same distance.

In fairness, Vegas is a very common flight and they tend to be less expensive than most other places I've looked into out west. Shit, I'd love to go back to Yellowstone but the flight is about $700 round trip/person (like your trip). It kills me to spend twice as much to go roughly the same distance.

Its unfortunate, but I'll get there. I'll probably be going to England sometime in the next few years, maybe I should get a mileage card.

Tickets are all jacked right now.

We use to fly Houston to Columbus for $200, now tickets are $600.

Tickets from Houston to Seattle were $700+ and now they are $200-300.

Crazy part is Houston to CVG right now is cheaper than CMH, DAY, etc...and CVG was ALWAYS more expensive in the past. Then again, the airport is dieing so maybe they got wise and dropped prices....

Crazy part is Houston to CVG right now is cheaper than CMH, DAY, etc...and CVG was ALWAYS more expensive in the past. Then again, the airport is dieing so maybe they got wise and dropped prices....

IIRC CVG was just declared the nations most expensive airport of the year.