UPS Question

jeffro

I am scheduled to receive a shipment to my house tomorrow. Based on my previous experiences, UPS usually comes around 10-11. Nobody will be home during this time. That usually isnt a problem as the driver drops it off and is on his way. This time, however, the shipper put signature verification on it. What am i supposed to do? I asked the shipper yesterday if he could call UPS and get it changed. He said he would try but didn't think it would work.

tl;dr: signature verification on shipment and wont be home. What do?

They usually leave a sticky note on the door with a place to put your signature for the next delivery day. If you have to have it today, find someone to be there for you.

this. they some times take a signature thats on the door on a posit note but if it requires a direct signature they wont leave it.

I hate shipping stuff via UPS if i have an option i opt out of them even if its more money. Ive even taken my business else ware to some one else that ships fedex.

this. they some times take a signature thats on the door on a posit note but if it requires a direct signature they wont leave it.

I hate shipping stuff via UPS if i have an option i opt out of them even if its more money. Ive even taken my business else ware to some one else that ships fedex.

lol, I do the exact opposite. It probably just has to do with the driver. Although, I also refuse to use FedEx because I'd say about half of the time they can't get a package delivered to me on time. I've had times where they have had the package in their posession and the delivery date kept moving back a day for seemingly no reason. That is an issue when you have paid for 2 day and they refuse to do anything about it.

After two or three times they just leave you a message that you can pick it up at the XXXX location at XXXX time. I try to time it for my days off so I don't have to do anything, but now I just ship everything to my work address. That way someone is always here even if I'm off. ;) My boss just laughed when she saw the guy with my bumper that all boxed up.

I had the same issue as well

I took a piece of paper and wrote on it

"UPS PLEASE USE AS SIGNATURE"

And signed my name.

Always worked for me.

I do this also. And tell them to leave it behind the bushes or something. They take the note as a signature.

I had the same issue as well

I took a piece of paper and wrote on it

"UPS PLEASE USE AS SIGNATURE"

And signed my name.

Always worked for me.

Did this, along with my cell number in case it wasnt enough.

if the package requires a signature I just ship it to my work.

My boss does this and i will be from now on.

I think that you can waive the signature requirement online if you have the tracking number. Obviously they make you agree that if it ends up lost it's not their problem anymore. Not sure if UPS does this but I'm pretty sure FedEx does anyway. Might be worth a try. Just track the package and see what your options are regarding signature requirement.