Parents were robbed tonight

wnaplay1647545503

My parents who live in Pickerington/violet township were robbed tonight. Its believed my mom walked in on them just as they were leaving only saved from actually seeing them because she took the trashcan down before going through the door. They had stuff piled up to take but only seemed to have made off with a wii system, new suitcase, new gps, jewelry box, and a small flat screen. Weird that what they did take seems to align with what I think a kid would have taken. The didnt grab the laptop which was in the pile, or the expensive camera. They didnt touch their expensive pc, none of the expensive tools, no checks or credit cards. It looks like they were going to take the water bottle size jug filled with probably $15 in change. I say a kid, between the wii, tv and gps that was as big as a small tablet. Had to of just happened becase there were footprints in the dew on the deck.

I went over ther like a bat out of hell. All my dad said was we were just robbed and I was in the car before the phone hit the floor. With it being the township I knew from experience it was a sheriffs issue despite seeing 256 from the house. I was really surprised at how quickly 2 deputies made it there. I am sure their stuff is between a few houses somewhere just waiting to be picked up later but its so damn dark in their neighborhood, you cant see anything until daylight.

Definitely talk to your parents about a good alarm system with a cell back up to it. Of course nothing is fool proof, but it goes a long way and is way better than nothing at all.

My parents are in their 80's and for them it's not only a security device but a medical / safety thing too. They both have transmitters they can carry too thus if they fall or something they can press the buttons. Well worth the $35 or so per month.

I took the dogs for a walk the other day when it was really windy and when I left I set the alarm but one of the doors wasn't locked or click shut all the way. Needless to say the wind popped it open because the storm door screen was down and the alarm sounded. Within 1 minute the alarm co. calls our number which I have set to ring all our phones. When I picked up I told them to send the police just in case it was real. When I returned less than 5 minutes later, there were both a Dublin and CPD officers clearing the house and scouting outside. That's my one free-bee false alarm notice for the year, but at least I know it works.

Definitely talk to your parents about a good alarm system with a cell back up to it. Of course nothing is fool proof, but it goes a long way and is way better than nothing at all.

My parents are in their 80's and for them it's not only a security device but a medical / safety thing too. They both have transmitters they can carry too thus if they fall or something they can press the buttons. Well worth the $35 or so per month.

I took the dogs for a walk the other day when it was really windy and when I left I set the alarm but one of the doors wasn't locked or click shut all the way. Needless to say the wind popped it open because the storm door screen was down and the alarm sounded. Within 1 minute the alarm co. calls our number which I have set to ring all our phones. When I picked up I told them to send the police just in case it was real. When I returned less than 5 minutes later, there were both a Dublin and CPD officers clearing the house and scouting outside. That's my one free-bee false alarm notice for the year, but at least I know it works.

Agreed even if it is just a loud siren that goes off, it will scare most away. I activated the alarm in my home at Ft. Campbell after the house was picked clean while in JRTC. I twas there I just never had it turned on and monitored by a company. That was the last time, I left without that alarm activated. Know, I live were no one can see me, and have an armed brother-in law that is home all the time, right next door.

I would be very tempted to do a CSS-style funny thread and post this stuff for sale in the classifieds, but last time I did that a mod infracted me and deleted my thread :lol:

That's what home owners insurance is for, 'stuff' can be replaced, people cant. glad no one got hurt.