Reminder: Wilmington Mile Kick-Off Event this weekend

Tim Davis

About the Ohio Mile Track

The Ohio Mile

Located at Airborne Park, southeast side of the town of Wilmington, Ohio just off Interstate 71 midway between Cincinnati and Columbus.

Track entrance is off of Airborne Road. An address to use for your GPS is 2870 Old State Road 73. This is a business across the street from the entrance of the track.

Elevation is 1077 feet above sea level

The track is 9000 feet long by 150 wide offering two 33 foot wide lanes

The finish line is one mile from the start. You are timed in a 132 foot trap that ends at the finish line.

Cars and Motorcycles compete at all events.

Gate Times

Friday: 8 AM to 6 PM

Saturday 6 AM to 8 PM

Sunday 6 AM to 6 PM

Spectators

$10 a day or $15 for the weekend. Be sure to bring your lawn chairs. We use CB channel 1 For speed broadcasts.

Maps

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, thanks for posting this reminder and the schedule.

Just to avoid misunderstandings, I think I should point out that the actual racing schedule is Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weather permitting, and Sunday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weather permitting. Although spectators can come on Friday, they should be aware that there won't be any racing that day, only vehicle inspections, a rookie orientation, and slow drives down the track by participants.

Also be aware that some grass areas have navigational lights mounted low to the ground; it will cost you $600 for any that you break by driving over them.

I'll be heading down Friday late morning if anyone wants to check out the place and the cars while I get the car teched-in and go through my orientation.

Every weekend? Not by a long shot.

Here's the Ohio mile 2012 schedule:

April 28-29 Hot Rod Magazine Top Speed Challenge

June 2-3 (Sponsor to be announced)

July 7-8 (Sponsor to be announced)

Sept 29-30 Throttle Nation Top Speed Challenge

This is the link to more details: http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

Here are CR threads with further discussion:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96408&highlight=ohio+mile

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100845&highlight=ohio+mile

To answer your specific question, No, you can show up Saturday, tech Saturday, go to the driver's meeting, and run on Saturday. However, you need to be a paid participant, and those spots sold out months ago.

From the looks of the local restaurants this evening, some of the participants are already hitting town. Several car haulers at the local hotels.

Small town so it's obvious when something out of the ordinary is going on. The local restaurants and hotels can definately use the business.

Hopefully the weather cooperates.