Military Service

Yasser-Hanbali

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's part of life in the service.

Constant chaos, you just learn how to manage it.

im a bit of a macgyver and good at fixing things. and generally can keep a cool head under pressure and in a high stress situation. this i think will for sure help me out.

You and I have talked quite a bit about this. Glad to see it come together for you now. Keep me informed on your ship date. I hope to be home before you leave. I will show you what the Army won't about how to shoot. They process you through the range these days instead of train you well. Helps we can take our AR's an go do this. Your integrity is everything. Do the hard right over the easy wrong and your peers with trust you and look to you.

What you are going into will expose you to some exciting things. If you deploy, which there is a good chase of that, you will be in a field that needs people who master their craft. people reading this will think, isn't that all fields in the military? It's not. Some admin soldier screws up paper work, an award doesn't go through, someone pay might be messed up and fixed later.

Take the time to master what you do and care enough to correct others.

and i will Joe, as you know i have the up most respect for you as a person and your service. you are one huge inspiration in why im joining along with you always coping the cars/bikes i have :lolguy: you know me as a person. and im willing to do everything even if it means my own ass to get something right.

I bought my 99 Legacy GT in 05. Then upgraded after 18 months of searching for a spacB, in November 2010. That's a seven year legacy. Pun intended.

You're still chasing me. LOL

hmmmm but ive had 2 FD's one FC 2 legacy GT's countless WRX's lol :fuckyeah:

5yrs army. 15T1F blackhawk crewchief. Love every single flight. Hate it every other day because of something already mentioned. Far too many senior NCO's don't give 2 shits about soldiers. Be good at what you do know and never be afraid to ask about something you don't. When you make the nco ranks, take care of your troops.

I was a Seabee in the Navy for 4 years. It was an experience for sure, did one tour to Afghanistan and one to Japan. There will be tough times and in boot camp you will probably be wondering why the hell you signed up for this, but the pay isn't TOO bad...and the benefits once you get out will make it worth while.

13D-Field artillery and currently stationed at Ft.Drum, NY. Where are you going to basic ?

im 75% sure i will end up at FT. Jackson from what im told, i honestly would like to go somewhere hot so i loose the most weight and adapt better to the heat. i may have middle eastern/Dominican decent but i am an Ohio kid who hates really hot climate lol.

im 75% sure i will end up at FT. Jackson from what im told, i honestly would like to go somewhere hot so i loose the most weight and adapt better to the heat. i may have middle eastern/Dominican decent but i am an Ohio kid who hates really hot climate lol.

I went to Ft. Jackson for basic as well. One thing I can tell you is start working on your running now. You can work on your push ups and sit ups a lot there but running is something you should start now. Also, dont ever lose your cool at basic. Just keep reminding yourself that you only have to do it once.

<----- 12B Combat Engineer (8 years)

Get ready to love the FM 5-34.

You should be going to Ft.Leonardwood for basic/AIT. I did it back in 02 at Lost in the Woods. I can answer most of your questions regarding being a combat engineer. I've been through many phases of what we were, to what we've become. And an FYI, hope you like to blow shit up, because that's why I picked that MOS.

<----- 12B Combat Engineer (8 years)

Get ready to love the FM 5-34.

You should be going to Ft.Leonardwood for basic/AIT. I did it back in 02 at Lost in the Woods. I can answer most of your questions regarding being a combat engineer. I've been through many phases of what we were, to what we've become. And an FYI, hope you like to blow shit up, because that's why I picked that MOS.

the main reason i picked combat engineer is i want to actually do something in the Army and i like working with my hands....... and i cant lie my man instincts like big loud explosions :megusta:

the main reason i picked combat engineer is i want to actually do something in the Army and i like working with my hands....... and i cant lie my man instincts like big loud explosions :megusta:

You'll learn everything from obstacles, demo, mines, mine clearing/emplacement, breaching etc.... Things may have changed due to the dynamics of the new battlefield (counter IED operations) but it should stay the same. They'll be doing you a diservice by sending you to Jackson and not Leonardwood for OSUT. Where's your duty station?

well finally made it to MEPS only to be turned away said my BF% was 29 which is bull shit since i weighed 6 LBS less than when my recruiter taped me. also he taped me on exhale and with a loose tape. so now i have to loose more weight and go back in June. its quite the drag but im going to still go after it, my recruiter however was pissed because he knows i was below the tape and the kid behind me was same height weighed more and had a gut and was said to only be 21%. By the way when my recruiter checked me i was 21% and i have been doing nothing but eating lettuce and tuna time to get running harder than before.

They're having tape problems in the air force too. One guy I know was 37", got taped the very next day at 33"...

Good for you for sticking with it though

yeah its fully up to the person doing the tape. it just sucks because ive worked so hard only to be told hey you gotta loose more because someone with a tape measure says im not able to join. o well looks like i have a long run in store for me tonight.

thank you to all, i know i talked to you a few weeks ago at sawmill dover. my plan for duty though since i will be in the national guard is be reserves until i finish school then, if i feel ready i may try for ranger school and go active for my last 2 years. it all really depends on how things fall into line.

Congrats, on the choice.

I was 13B from Late 1998 to Early 2005, I enjoyed every minute. I was able to pick-up E-5 very quickly 2002. PT and job knowledge and being squared away will make your stay much easier. My good friend is now a SGT Maj. I turned down e-6 while in Iraq hard choice, but respected by my chain of command my PLT SGT and 1SG. I told them I would be ETSing in 2005 and that someone else could have the slot. Got home in 2004 and was placed on orders to be a recruiter, so I had to sign a DCSS which basically told the Army that I would not extend or reenlist to attend the school which meant that I had to ETS on my date of ETS. My wife asked that I not reenlist any more. We were ready to come home. I miss it everyday, but being at Ft. Campbell, meant lots of training and deployments. No sweat the wife was just tired of sitting at home with the little one. It's what you make out of it. If you want it to hard it will be, if you put effort in everything you do it is cake.

Ranger school, is probably not in the cards it is typically slotted for certain amount of people from the likes of infantry, SF, Fister / FO while I was in cadets and officers were able to get slots. The slots are probably not going to be there for 12B's to just up and attend the school.

You could end up attending sapper school completion adds the right to wear sapper badge(ft.lost in woods), or a local on base type sapper course, but the local school doesn't warrant wearing sapper badge. Some base's had recondo schools. Then you have the other course that can be had Airborne or Air Assault. Airborne at Benning. Air Assault at Ft. Campbell, but also travels to Korea once or twice a year. They also held it in Iraq in 2003 I was a BN level instructor, so our guys would not fail once they got to the school when it came to Iraq.

Enjoy your time and be safe, like NOT Brian said you are about to meet people from all over that you will never forget or become friends for life with them.

Congrats, again.

If you have any other questions, send me PM or something.