WTB: Subaru Wagon

Erica

I am looking for a subaru wagon. I really want a 2.5gt or lagacy outback somthing or other. I have pretty much exasted craigslist , autotrader and cargurus. Let me know if anyone knows of any. Must be rust free, would like the timing belt/head gasket to be done.
  • Downvote 1

Good luck finding a 2.5GT for 5K or less. my outback is 2005 with 140K on it and still worth 8. Minimum 6K minimum for FAIR condition. One in good to excellent is still around 8-9K

There is a NON turbo 05-06 for sale over on Trabue at a small dealership that i passed today. http://www.sharpinmotors.com/directions.aspx

Its not on thier website, and today is the first time i have seen it there.

(kbb for 2.5XT Manual with 139000)

http://i.imgur.com/L0mwr.png

Good luck finding a 2.5GT for 5K or less. my outback is 2005 with 140K on it and still worth 8. Minimum 6K minimum for FAIR condition. One in good to excellent is still around 8-9K

There is a NON turbo 05-06 for sale over on Trabue at a small dealership that i passed today. http://www.sharpinmotors.com/directions.aspx

I don't believe I said anything about those years or turbos. Thanks though!

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but a car with 140k is never considered "Very Good". Nor is it even considered "Good". There's no such thing as "good for its age/mileage".

Anything over 100k miles is "rough" or "fair".

Also KBB doesn't make offers on cars, your car is worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. KBB is just a general pricing guide, so who knows maybe your car is really worth $10k.

Not to rain on your parade or anything, but a car with 140k is never considered "Very Good". Nor is it even considered "Good". There's no such thing as "good for its age/mileage".

Also KBB doesn't make offers on cars, your car is worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. KBB is just a general pricing guide, so who knows maybe your car is really worth $10k.

10K Subarus. :dumb:

20 years ago I would agree that over 100k is rough or fair. Now a days I would say your spoiled with new lease cars. Just because it has over 100k that makes it fair? You do realize most timing belts are replaced for the first time then correct?

20 years ago I would agree that over 100k is rough or fair. Now a days I would say your spoiled with new lease cars. Just because it has over 100k that makes it fair? You do realize most timing belts are replaced for the first time then correct?

You're looking at it from a seller's perspective. Look at it from the buyer's. 100k worth of miles is a lot of wear and tear. It certainly is possible to have a very nice car at 100k but its very unlikely. On average, that'll be around 7-10 years worth of usage that may include accidents that were unreported, dings that went unnoticed, maintenance issues overlooked in the interest of saving money, etc. More likely than not, a 100k mile car will be in rough or fair condition. The onus is on the seller to prove that it is somehow more worthy of a "very good" rating and it takes more than just "its in very good condition for its age" to prove that to me.

Bruh I am a buyer in this instance. I was more than happy with my 176k mile purchase. The bottom of the drivetrain is dry, doesnt burn anything, I mean the oil is still in the full range at 3k. Thats better than most new subarus. I mean cmon. You are saying that because it has 100k which is considered average now a days is not going to be a great car and that maintenance plays no part in ita value. I disagree politely thats all. Dealerships see otherwise, I mean dealers want stupid money for their cars, they cant negotiate on used cars since they have so much in them.

Plus if you have a good trained eye you cant hide accident damage no matter how good you are. You will never get the paint orange peel to match the factory. We find more unreported accident damge from new low mile dealer cars that have a clean carfax that I can count.

I would have no problem driving my car as long and far as I can, which hopefully will be deep into the 100k range, hoping for 200k.

The difference is that I bought it new, and maintain the hell out of it.

In todays world of 15k oil changes, there is no way I would buy a car with 100k on it unless you follow El Karacho's point below.

You're looking at it from a seller's perspective. Look at it from the buyer's. 100k worth of miles is a lot of wear and tear. It certainly is possible to have a very nice car at 100k but its very unlikely. On average, that'll be around 7-10 years worth of usage that may include accidents that were unreported, dings that went unnoticed, maintenance issues overlooked in the interest of saving money, etc. More likely than not, a 100k mile car will be in rough or fair condition. The onus is on the seller to prove that it is somehow more worthy of a "very good" rating and it takes more than just "its in very good condition for its age" to prove that to me.

Bruh I am a buyer in this instance. I was more than happy with my 176k mile purchase. The bottom of the drivetrain is dry, doesnt burn anything, I mean the oil is still in the full range at 3k. Thats better than most new subarus. I mean cmon. You are saying that because it has 100k which is considered average now a days is not going to be a great car and that maintenance plays no part in ita value. I disagree politely thats all. Dealerships see otherwise, I mean dealers want stupid money for their cars, they cant negotiate on used cars since they have so much in them.

I don't think he is saying that at all. See his above point.

I agree that finding a well documented car can be done, and I would purchase said car, but its not the norm.

I don't believe I said anything about those years or turbos. Thanks though!

Quite harsh for someone trying to help...

in defense you wernt very specific on year or turbo or na.... might want to be specific so people can HELP.. you :megusta:

100% agree

true. you cannot go off kbb, you need to search the cars for sale in the marketplace. Untill KBB starts writing checks for cars thex say are wort x there numbers are 100% inaccurate.

100k on a Subaru that's rarely beat on is nothing if it's well maintained, but +1 up to the seller to prove the condition.

It's not rocket science, just follow the damn guide and you're good...

Inb4SubaruLOL