El Humilde 6.68 @209mph

Farkas

:eek:

So both Alex and I thought this car had a different motor, but it's a single turbo 2J with nitrous. 6.68 is the current world record as far as Corollas go, and according to the reading I've been doing, they're still working out issues and making adjustments as this is still a relatively fresh setup for the year.

I'm still thinking I want a v8 swap, though :megusta:

Alex put some rough estimates for what theose parts might cost next to each one. I would say with some of your guy's smarts when it comes to this stuff you could take an educated guess about what he's running and come fairly close. With what I see guys putting into their cars to go 1/2 that speed why not take the same money and an educated guess and make something similar. I know guys have to drop at least $20k on cars only to run 10's, 11's hell even 12's.

This isnt to debate this or that, I truley wonder why.

Another quick search pulled up this http://www.racecarmagazine.com/ForSale/AdDetails.asp?Ad_ID=5604

The frame is done he wants $6500 figure he might take $4k if it doesnt sell/sold with less "extra parts". Either way it sounds like you can get a full tube chassis car already done for less than having one built if you find someone whos tired of their project. What kind of motors/blocks are capable of that kind of speed? Would you go LS?, I dont know these jz whatever they are motors, but is that where its at?

it is ALWAYS cheaper to go fast by buying someone elses car as long as you know what you are looking at and it is done correct and with good parts. Example I bought a running long block with intake and a complete trans setup bell to tail shaft and have spent 1000-1500 on things like alt, power steering, mounts and pullies, and about 100 other little things just to be ready to turn key and at the time I will spend more to fix what other "bugs" arise

Wagner it sounds like you might trade your car for the one in the video in a heartbeat. If you dont mind me asking how much is wrapped up in yours?

Yes I would, that car is legit. It meets my criteria of being loud, fast, and dangerous.

I have under 2k outside the purchase price of the car in mine, that is the parts that are on the car now.