Ammo Shortage soon?

1fast5gp

Just went to walmart to pick up some 9mm range ammo, but didn't get anything since they were cleared out by some hoarder a few hours earlier. Is there going to be another ammo shortage due to panic buying like back in 2008-2009?

Boxes of range ammo went up by a dollar at Vances. 40 S&W are nearly the same price as .45s due to the Feds buying up al the 40 ammo. I think I'm sticking to shooting 22lrs from now on until prices become reasonable again.

The rising price of .40 is what pushed me towards 9mm. If I'm going to pay that much for ammo I'll just buy .45. There's been scare-bullshit about ammo shortages for years and years, almost as long as I can remember. It's almost always bullshit.

The rising price of .40 is what pushed me towards 9mm. If I'm going to pay that much for ammo I'll just buy .45. There's been scare-bullshit about ammo shortages for years and years, almost as long as I can remember. It's almost always bullshit.

Bingo.

Its just people who buy up everything to sell at gun shows

There are shortages of ammo and components right now. I spoke with a gentleman who owns an ammo manufacturing company (commercial reloader) last Friday and he is having problems getting bullets for .223 ammo. He buys them buy the barrel, though, so maybe smaller quantities are still available?

The panic buying has started early.

Finding any XM855 right now is a joke and like stated before .40 is just as high as .45. The fin is almost always picked clean during the week from the shit birds on the weekends buying everything.

AIM suprlus has them right now. 112.95 for 300 rds. Which isn't bad IMO.

It seems this is the case. The person I get ammo from just ordered 60k rounds of 9mm to hold onto til the election so I stocked up.

Even if ammo isn't in a shortage, some people will take it to heart and push us into a shortage.

3gunammo.com has some decent prices on FMJ ammo right now. $200 for 1k.

Last I heard (and this was months ago) whatever lake city plant that makes the 5.56 nato load has been running round the clock nonstop for years and years. I don't know if that's true or not, but ammo companies are cranking out more rounds than ever. I can't imagine what would happen if we opened up importation from china!!!

It's always good to have a few cases stockpiled at least, but the obama-scare was the worst I've seen in my shooting lifetime. If you want to spend a couple grand now, and sell in the 'shortage' go for it.

I hear the Firearms/Ammo companies are working double to keep up with demand. Hopefully I can snag some Lake City surplus before it flies away too. I picked up 2-250 round cases this weekend.

If you know of any online stores selling lake city please let me know. They are always out of stock when I check :mad::mad:

It's worse for the less common and surplus rounds. Tokarev ammo is non-existant now, just a year ago it was going $89 for 1,260 rounds. 7.62x39 and x54r surplus are scarce, but 5.45 is plentiful still. .32ACP is tough to find the good quality rounds. .380 has gone INSANE, it's selling higher than .45ACP now! 8mm Mauser surplus is gone.

I've got 19 calibers, 4 or 5 of which are essentially unobtainable at the moment.

It's always good to have a few cases stockpiled at least, but the obama-scare was the worst I've seen in my shooting lifetime. ....

I'm afraid it's going to be even worse this Fall.

My guess is blown up barrels from shit quality control

Chinese military equipment and ammo is top quality, unlike other goods from China. I'd be more concerned with the Wolf ammo than any of the Chinese stuff.