Mustang Boss vs C6 Z06

Sparky

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not feeling that paint scheme. To me the ONLY way to buy a boss is grabber orange with black stripes (or gray strips on the Parnelli Jones model)

I didn't think I'd like it either, but staring at it all day, I love it. It's completely different from what's out there.

The white stripes look so tacky to me. Gotta go with the light color with matte black stripes.

+1 gotta say that's the worst color combination on a car i've seen yet. dark blue, white stripe, black wheels? no thanks

I sell & finance FORDS! The Boss is a great car, but it is NOT a Z06. I've driven the Boss and I own a C6 Z06. No question if you're gonna struggle between the two / the Z06 is the ride - case closed

Personally I love the looks of a nicely dressed newer Mustang much better than the Vette, and I am GM all the way....But there really isn't a comparison overall.

My thought=Vette

Not even close.

Go do some research...

+1 gotta say that's the worst color combination on a car i've seen yet. dark blue, white stripe, black wheels? no thanks

I don't think its bad in person, my coworker has that combo...

u serious bro?

Yes,....not really a cost factor since he's looking at used Z's to a new BOSS.

But a Griggs setup Mustang will flat move around corners....

If he was more concerned about cost, I would say a used 5.0 with Griggs suspension but he's not primarily tracking it so the Z06 would be the better buy.

If he needs more seats for family fun and use, the BOSS may be what he wants. If he's single/gf only then the Z06 may be what he wants if he's just cruising, DD or the once in a while 1/4-mile run.

Still don't know what the main use of the car will be...

Whether it's white, black, or red stripes on kona blue, competition orange, yellow blaze, race red, black, or ingot silver (as far as 2012 MY is concerned), the combination can be changed pretty painlessly. The stripes are sticker.

Go do some research...

I don't think its bad in person, my coworker has that combo...

Yes,....not really a cost factor since he's looking at used Z's to a new BOSS.

But a Griggs setup Mustang will flat move around corners....

If he was more concerned about cost, I would say a used 5.0 with Griggs suspension but he's not primarily tracking it so the Z06 would be the better buy.

If he needs more seats for family fun and use, the BOSS may be what he wants. If he's single/gf only then the Z06 may be what he wants if he's just cruising, DD or the once in a while 1/4-mile run.

Still don't know what the main use of the car will be...

Looking to get something fun and they're both about the same price. Can get a brand new Boss for low $40's or a 20-30k mi Z06 for the same price. I know the Boss will depreciate a lot faster initially but looking to buy the right car to keep for a while. Went to look at that Z06 today and it has been wrecked so that would not be the one.

The car is going to be a track day ride and for some cruising.

Thoughts?

Andy, really? Z06...

Really. What else can you buy stock and have this much power and ability to track?

Really. What else can you buy stock and have this much power and ability to track?

Yes,.....drag, roadcourse, auto-x, which?

There are many types of track days....and if he means road course then I hope he's paying cash.

Nothing worse then stuffing a car into the wall and the track insurance not covering it...

Doesn't matter which. Stock for stock---mod for mod, not much can come close to the z-06.

You are correct but not necessarily dollar for dollar. Why else do people buy Mustangs, they are typically cheaper in all those categories... ;)

You are correct but not necessarily dollar for dollar. Why else do people buy Mustangs, they are typically cheaper in all those categories... ;)

Trust me, the margin is getting closer than you think. The cost to throw a procharger on my vette is nearly identical to that of a mustang. Longtubes on a mustang used to be $500-ish. Now, for a good set, you're at $1100.

The car may make it to Trails but by track I mean mainly auto-x and mid-ohio days. I think the hunt has been put on hold for a bit. Inventory has dried up like crazy in the past month and a half. May have to wait till late summer/fall now. TT sold just a bit too late.