wedding photog and dj

AJ

Rob at Encore was awesome... he is a little more pricey, but thanks to him our reception was absolutely unforgettable. We couldn't get people to leave even past midnight when it was over it was such a great party.

on the flip side our photographer was...meh...

Tell your sis to save the money on a Photographer. Its a waste of money IMO to pay someone a ridiculous amount of money to do what anyone with a decent camera can do. My wifes aunt had a pretty nice camera and was more than happy to snap all that we wanted for no charge. Just saying. As for a DJ, Mastermix DJ is who did our wedding. The main guy is an older man that lives in Canal. Awesome guy that walks you through everything and i mean everything. Couldnt beat his price either. Realy works up deals for you. Starts at $800 but he worked down to $400 for us. Hope it helps.
  • Downvote 1

Some people are ok with snapshots from aunt Jean, , and some people would like someone who is trained to make your day go as smoothly as possible and creating works of art for that special day that it is, and end up with detailed images of everythign that a bride has spent MONTHS on putting together. ;)

Some people are ok with snapshots from aunt Jean, , and some people would like someone who is trained to make your day go as smoothly as possible and creating works of art for that special day that it is, and end up with detailed images of everythign that a bride has spent MONTHS on putting together. ;)

Bride????

Tell your sis to save the money on a Photographer. Its a waste of money IMO to pay someone a ridiculous amount of money to do what anyone with a decent camera can do. My wifes aunt had a pretty nice camera and was more than happy to snap all that we wanted for no charge. Just saying. As for a DJ, Mastermix DJ is who did our wedding. The main guy is an older man that lives in Canal. Awesome guy that walks you through everything and i mean everything. Couldnt beat his price either. Realy works up deals for you. Starts at $800 but he worked down to $400 for us. Hope it helps.

After looking at the pictures from my wedding (done by IQ Foto) and some taken by family friends or cheap "professionals," there is no way I would cheap out. The quality of both the pictures and the book, made everything worth what I paid. Granted, I paid more for photography than some people pay for an entire wedding.

P.S. There are stats floating around, but somewhere around 20%+ of brides would spend more on photography if they had to do it again.

Bride????

Im sure there are men out there that have helped with the planning of the wedding, but a majority of the weddings are planned by the bride. Im not dissing men helping (i encourage it!) and beign a big part of the plan.

I know for my wedding, nathan had three jobs. Show up, register at sears and rent a tux. I took him to no appointments, and only asked that he come and look at the wedding/reception site AFTER i had already met with the ladys at Cheers Chalet.

Tell your sis to save the money on a Photographer. Its a waste of money IMO to pay someone a ridiculous amount of money to do what anyone with a decent camera can do.

Are you serious :confused: If you are then I would seriously question your understanding of photography or really the exposure you've had to the ones who helped you form that opinion. Pun absolutely intended. That's like saying give the best track guy here an Indy car and they would be able to compete. Not even close.

Sorry, but i just dont see the point in paying that much for pics. Maybe it was because our Aunt had a nice camera and everything came out fine for us, but paying someone thousands+ dollars to point and click is a waste to me. Not trying to down grade anyones careers here, but wedding pics arent difficult, point and click at the bride, groom, bridal party, cake and dances. Not saying photography isnt hard else where, but at a wedding its pretty cut and dry.

Sorry, but i just dont see the point in paying that much for pics. Maybe it was because our Aunt had a nice camera and everything came out fine for us, but paying someone thousands+ dollars to point and click is a waste to me. Not trying to down grade anyones careers here, but wedding pics arent difficult, point and click at the bride, groom, bridal party, cake and dances. Not saying photography isnt hard else where, but at a wedding its pretty cut and dry.

Really.....?

Please tell me you are joking....

AJ where is the wedding? I might have the hookup on a DJ.

I have no idea where it is yet, all know is I'm not aloud to wear a tux tshirt which I'm still fighting about. I forwarded here all the info posted in here and she can figure it out.

Because the tux coat *will* come off at some point. The things are simply too hot to be comfortable once you start moving around.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/562581_10150644911339091_526334090_9690608_76217251_a.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/526788_10150644926989091_526334090_9690676_489958010_a.jpg

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/525896_10150644932999091_526334090_9690695_1561991758_n.jpg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/534051_10150644977044091_526334090_9690808_1351107134_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557202_10150645046614091_526334090_9691067_2092677729_a.jpg

Its obvious that i didnt spends thousands of dollars on pics, but we have memories of our wedding day. I could honestly care a less if theres no special touch ups or writing on any of the pics. We saved money where we could and were plenty happy with our results. So for any one that got butt hurt about my opinion. Sorry, just my honest opinion.

Its obvious that i didnt spends thousands of dollars on pics, but we have memories of our wedding day. I could honestly care a less if theres no special touch ups or writing on any of the pics. We saved money where we could and were plenty happy with our results. So for any one that got butt hurt about my opinion. Sorry, just my honest opinion.

Yes, it is obvious. Some people value the "picture perfect" memories which, ultimately, you will lose as you age. If I were to do it over again, I wouldn't change anything about the photography. It's not about pointing and clicking on the important moments, it's about capturing the reality of the event. Anyone can point and click, with varying degrees of competency, to capture the high level view. It takes training and experience to capture to details that make your wedding unique and significant.

Not trying to down grade anyones careers here, but wedding pics arent difficult, point and click at the bride, groom, bridal party, cake and dances. Not saying photography isnt hard else where, but at a wedding its pretty cut and dry.

I respectfully disagree. Sure, operating a camera isn't difficult but then just like racing, it's not about the gear or even simply knowing how to operate it. It's about what you do with it. Although I will add proper use is not the same in everyone's eyes either. You certainly have some fine shots for what they are, but IMO the lighting and processing and thus final output do clearly separate those shots from what you will get from a professional. Part of that is likely due to equipment, including monitor calibration.

The other aspect that I think Hal touched on is being able to tell the story and capture the event in such a way that goes well beyond just snapping pics. Again, congrats on your enjoyment of what you have from your wedding. It's obvious that going further than that would not yield more value to you personally. However, not everyone drives a luxury car or sees value in a truly performance oriented car either. However, in the end, there is a difference.

Its obvious that i didnt spends thousands of dollars on pics, but we have memories of our wedding day. I could honestly care a less if theres no special touch ups or writing on any of the pics.

and that last sentence is key and certainly a choice that will vary among everyone. to me not caring (perhaps as much as most others) is key to your decision.

Edited by TTQ B4U