Allergies

Drewhop

Who has them. What do you use to try and function. I have gotten to the point that I am cutting things out of my diet so I can try and be normal.

Right now I am take a 4-6 hour pill that works but makes me horribly tired. So I either get to sneeze for hours at a time or be tired to the point of falling asleep.

I am not opposed to natural remedies or just about anything at this point.

I have even thought about this http://rzmask.com/ So that I can still enjoy the outdoors on a regular basis.

Use a Claritin first thing when I wake up since it seems to help me the best with itchy eyes. Then about an hour to two later I take a generic Allegra 24 hour and a sudafed 12 hour. Usually take a Benadryl or two before bed.

Zyrtec over the counter. When my allergies hit (fall mold/animal dander leading to sneezing, swollen eyes and a gushing nose) I take a double dose (2 pills) to get things rolling then 1 pill every 24 hours after that and it usually shuts my allergies down completely.

I'm allergic to everything outside. Pollin, dirt, dust, etc.

I used to get a shot in each arm every week. Insurance stopped paying for them.

Zyrtec is the only medicine that will calm my allergies down. All it does is clog me up so I can't breath. But it's better than sneezing and pouring snot out of my nose.

Zyrtec is the only medicine that will calm my allergies down. All it does is clog me up so I can't breath. But it's better than sneezing and pouring snot out of my nose.

This, but allegra 24 hour for me.

There's a decongestant version. But you have to get it from the pharmacy counter.

I may have to do this.

Anymore advice is greatly appreciated.

If you do go this route, find one that's either very close to home or work. I don't know about others by with mine their hours suck so you may have to rush there on lunch break or before or after work.

Nasonex has been helping me out alot this year. Also a sinus cleanser like a neti-pot also helps me out. I only had one major attack this year compared to daily using the above. I also have the chest locking up with certain meds.

If you do go this route, find one that's either very close to home or work. I don't know about others by with mine their hours suck so you may have to rush there on lunch break or before or after work.

Tell them your wife is a nurse and they will let you do them at home. I used to take the shots but being a nurse, I'm as non-compliant as a person could possibly be, so I pretty much quit taking them a few years ago. I really should get back on them.

Tell them your wife is a nurse and they will let you do them at home. I used to take the shots but being a nurse, I'm as non-compliant as a person could possibly be, so I pretty much quit taking them a few years ago. I really should get back on them.

the gf is trying to get into nursing school...

Please, elaborate more. I'm curious where the honey plays in.

Its basically the same concept as the Allergy shot. If you expose yourself to the allergens on a regular basis, eventually your body will build antibodies against it. Obviously this only targets pollen allergies.

I have VERY severe allergies, nothing seemed to work. Been on Nasonex this year and it has literally changed my life. You can't just spray when you feel the allerges are coming on, you realy have to spray once a day to keep it working right.