AZ Car scene

Dr. Apex

As some of you know I've moved to Phoenix. Just got down here this weekend and it wasn't hard to find some of the car scene which is unreal. The main weekly event is the show at the Scottsdale Pavilions which is every week year round for about 20 years now. I'm told I made it on a "slow night" as it was the first warm saturday(101 degrees) but in the fall when it's a bit cooler 500-600 cars will show up.

Just a few snaps I took quickly.....

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=748&pictureid=6132 The so called "small crowd"

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=748&pictureid=6134 For Clay

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=748&pictureid=6138 Even some military equipment

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=748&pictureid=6140 Old International Scouts, 3 more showed up later

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=748&pictureid=6142 Gremlins!!

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=748&pictureid=6144

Everything you could think of was here, BMW's, Benz, I missed a wildly painted Murcialago, a ghettoed out Bentley I didn't dare take a pic of, lots of Vettes, Mustangs and every import in between. I think I can get used to this down here!!

Only about a dozen pics for now in my albums. http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/album.php?albumid=748

Home Depot is better.

I can't wait to move out there

Actually Adam, I'm told the scene at the river park in Huntington, WV is the best!!:megusta:

Hit me up when you do, already starting to make friends out here. It's transplant city, almost nobody that lives here grew up here, all moved in from other states.

The scene is unreal and it's going into the hot season so it slows way down, everyone keeps telling me wait till october!!

Hit me up when you do, already starting to make friends out here. It's transplant city, almost nobody that lives here grew up here, all moved in from other states.

Worst part of my month long trip back in the mid 90's. No matter who you asked directions from, nobody was from there. That and there is a ave, st, lane, rd, pkwy you name it for every street name.

When I lived in Naples, FL... it was a lot of the same thing: Tons of cars, tons of transplants. It's a different world than Ohio for sure. I could only hope for Cars and Coffee to get to that level. :)

Best of luck out in AZ...Phoenix/Scottsdale has really blown up over the last 10 years since the last time i was out there!

Worst part of my month long trip back in the mid 90's. No matter who you asked directions from, nobody was from there. That and there is a ave, st, lane, rd, pkwy you name it for every street name.

Yeah, it's already screwed me up. It is a fairly logical system but not the easiest to understand.

Adam, I'll have to look it up but were only 2 hours from a nice resort beach in Mexico, it's where all the AZ residents go to the beach. It's only 6hrs drive or 1.5hr flight to Cali which has around what, 800 miles of coast??

JJ, yeah I'm not good with those cars, pretty neat to see them though.

Clay, yeah everything seems brand new in Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale and even Glendale now near the stadium. I found a room for rent in Gilbert, I doubt anything where I'm at is more than 5 years old.

Guy on the deuce & a half seems to be giving you the "Quit takin' pics of my hotties" look.

Phoenix isn't for everyone. It's certainly not for me, but it seems like you're doing well so far.

Adam, I'll have to look it up but were only 2 hours from a nice resort beach in Mexico, it's where all the AZ residents go to the beach. It's only 6hrs drive or 1.5hr flight to Cali which has around what, 800 miles of coast??

I assume you're talking about Rocky Point? That's a great place for a weekend getaway, I've been there several times. Just make sure you buy some mexican car insurance before you ever think about going across the border.

Can you elaborate?

Alot of insurnace does not carry over across mexican borders..... And people love to jack cars in mexico lol....... My friends race trucks in baja area they just buy the insurance pass from american companys and pick up before the cross. Any border town has this type of service and is very smart .

Where? I grew up around 6th and Valencia.

I used to live in a couple different spots in Tucson, once I had an apartment on North Oracle near Miracle Mile, and the second apartment was on the east side on Turquoise Vista, close to 22nd and Kolb.

Can you elaborate?

Alot of insurnace does not carry over across mexican borders..... And people love to jack cars in mexico lol....... My friends race trucks in baja area they just buy the insurance pass from american companys and pick up before the cross. Any border town has this type of service and is very smart .

^This. Buy Mexican insurance on the American side near the border town like Nogales. You can buy it for the day/week, whatever. Mexico is a hotbed for stolen cars and other damage to your car. If you don't buy this insurance before you cross the border, then any and all damage/loss/theft is your responsibility.

Might be rocky point, have some friends in Tucson that were just there and would have to ask them. I sure as hell won't be taking the Mustang down there, I'll never see it again lol.

I am pretty sure it's Rocky Point. The Mexican name is Puerto Pequeno or something like that. It's going to be on the upper part of the Baja California peninsula, should be on the east side of the bay IIRC. Nice place, resort town...

Actually Adam, I'm told the scene at the river park in Huntington, WV is the best!!:megusta:

The scene is unreal and it's going into the hot season so it slows way down, everyone keeps telling me wait till october!!

waiting to find a teaching job or have chase move me out there. No one goes to az looking for a job, you go to az with a job. and i dont have a problem sitting at a pool sipping on a drank looking at the secksy spanish bitches. life will be good

waiting to find a teaching job or have chase move me out there. No one goes to az looking for a job, you go to az with a job. and i dont have a problem sitting at a pool sipping on a drank looking at the secksy spanish bitches. life will be good

Chase does have the tallest building in Phoenix, they have to have quite a few jobs in town and plenty of branches around. For my line of work there's no issue finding a job though it works for me as my company is headquartered here.

I lived in Glendale, AZ for 20 years - grew up in that car "scene" thanks to my dad. No matter what part of town you are in, theres always a huge meet within 5-10 miles. Pavilions is definitely the biggest - I went every other week or so.

Also lived in Tucson, AZ while doing my 4 years at UofA - didnt know other people here on CR have been there too! Good times had down there... Not as many meets though. I used to find stuff to do on azawd.org