Vasectomy Doc - which/where

ansonivan

Just be damn sure and think through all the possible scenarios.

I went to the vet to get fixed then back to a much more expensive vet to get unfixed years later. Hours on the table with no general, post surgical drains, swelling... (Do your jimmies feel cold yet?) That is some surgery I would not wish on anybody.

When wife #2 called, "Done!" I told her it was her turn this time.

That's a good point, but if you're "older", you know it's time. Count me in for the "I'm having it done soon as well" crowd... :nod:

Let them take care of her while theyre already down there. Lol

And ps, congrats!

FUUUUUUU That. I am very thankful that the wifey had her tubes tied last month.

getting tubes tied is not 100% IIRC there is a 1 and 300 chance she can still get pregnant. My wife had hers tied after the boys were born a year later she was pregorz again but it was not in the right area due to her tubes being tied and we have to have it aborted. One month later I had my shit cut.

getting tubes tied is not 100% IIRC there is a 1 and 300 chance she can still get pregnant. My wife had hers tied after the boys were born a year later she was pregorz again but it was not in the right area due to her tubes being tied and we have to have it aborted. One month later I had my shit cut.

Yeah the doc informed us of tubal pregnancies. She said that she burned them as well which is supposed to reduce that risk. Like you said, there is still a small risk though.

• 2 months later...

The deed was done on Friday, I would rate the whole experience as slightly less shitty than a dental filling.

As recommended by you people I got a referral from my family physician who set me up with Dr. Bloch (seriously, Dr. Bloch) at Central Ohio Urology Group.

Bloch's office sent me a packet with forms and ball shaving instructions. I fill out the forms, shave my balls and show up fully prepared to be sterilized.

After a few minutes of doc talk it becomes clear that the appointment is a meet and greet with the actual cutting taking place on a future visit.

I shaved my balls for naught and the next week was itchy as hell.

Friday was the real deal, I shave a lot less this time, fuck all that itchy business.

The cutting, burning and stitching lasted under 20 minutes and the nurses complimented me on my shaving prowess.

I would recommend Bloch based on his performance but can't fully endorse the guy until I get my two negative sperm sample results.

I've spent most of the weekend icing my balls on the couch watching the last season of The Wire.

I have experienced no swelling or other weirdness yet, I expect to return to work Monday.

Cliffs: Shaved my balls twice, vasectomy not so bad so far, insurance picked up the whole tab.

Congrats on the snip. I had mine done by Dr. Reibel at Central Ohio Urology two weeks ago. He is a gun guy so at least the conversation was nice.

Keep the ice packs handy and wear tighty-whites for a while. Letting them hang in boxers can make them sore. They said no sex for a week. Be careful as you can bust your stitches.

Let them take care of her while theyre already down there. Lol

And ps, congrats!

Interestingly enough, Mount Carmel East (where her doctor delivers and we had our other kid), does not allow tube-tying unless it is the third C-Section, due to the fact that it is a Catholic hospital. So, we are now exploring our options for her and for me, as there are several. But NO MORE KIDS.

Interestingly enough, Mount Carmel East (where her doctor delivers and we had our other kid), does not allow tube-tying unless it is the third C-Section, due to the fact that it is a Catholic hospital. So, we are now exploring our options for her and for me, as there are several. But NO MORE KIDS.

My wife works for MCE and we have insurance through them. Had to pay out of pocket for the vasectomy. Although we did get a small discount for out of pocket pay. Gotta love them Catholics;).

Funny this was brought back up, as I just got back from my first appointment with Dr. Riemenschneider. He's the "No scalpel, no needle" guy that was recommended earlier in t he thread. Not much of a personality, but I'm all for less pain and discomfort, which this version has. I scheduled the real thing and will post up later how it went... :nod:

I went to Dr. Reimenschneider (sp ?) at riverside urology. No complaints at all. He gives you 6x5mg tabs of Valium. Take one 1/2 hr before you get there. Keep taking them while you are there til your nuts relax. He then uses the no needle, no scalpel method and steri strips it up when done. Couldn't have been easier.

laser? How in the world would this be done without needle or knife?

laser? How in the world would this be done without needle or knife?

Read this.

Basically they use a high pressured spray to numb the area, instead of the needle. Then make a small incision with a tool, pull the vas out, clip them, then put them back in. A steri-strip is used to heal it back up and you're done. Less pain, less discomfort, less down time. This is exactly the reason I went to this guy, because this is all he does... :nod: