NTR Wed night

I went to tune my car. Got five passes in before the bracket race started. I'd say there was 50 to 60 cars in the race.

They don't limit you to three passes before bracket racing anymore? Wow. I guess it was a lot busier back when we went 10 years ago.

I was there, by the time we showed up 630ish my buddy had already gotten 5 passes in. I ended up jumping in the driver seat as the night went on because I couldn't handle just watching any longer. Threw on shoes that were 3 sizes smaller then my feet and a pair of sweats that my 180lb buddy was wearing, talk about being comfortable hahahaha.

There wasn't that many cars out there suprisingly, a bunch of mustangs and trucks. There was 6 or 7 in the Import field. Points start next Wednesday so I expec things to pick up out there.

What was everyone driving last night? I was with the black 4dr Integra and silver v6 mustang

They don't limit you to three passes before bracket racing anymore? Wow. I guess it was a lot busier back when we went 10 years ago.

It is called building a bad rep, trails is very good at it and now might finally have caught up with them...

It is called building a bad rep, trails is very good at it and now might finally have caught up with them...

Same thing for Friday nights. Used to take forever to get through tech due to the amount of cars and now it's no more than 10-15 cars at a time. They just don't get it.

I was there, by the time we showed up 630ish my buddy had already gotten 5 passes in. I ended up jumping in the driver seat as the night went on because I couldn't handle just watching any longer. Threw on shoes that were 3 sizes smaller then my feet and a pair of sweats that my 180lb buddy was wearing, talk about being comfortable hahahaha.

There wasn't that many cars out there suprisingly, a bunch of mustangs and trucks. There was 6 or 7 in the Import field. Points start next Wednesday so I expec things to pick up out there.

What was everyone driving last night? I was with the black 4dr Integra and silver v6 mustang

i had my bird

oh and tell your buddy with the V6 stang i said thanks for pulling a .500 light and handing me the first round win :) lol.

there werent a ton of people, but wednsdays usually arent packed anyways.

i had a blast last night, all the way up till they decided repreping the track wasnt necesssary after several people had dumped fluids and i made it all the way to finals in that money, then lost cause i blew the tires off on launch.

on a good note though, both me and my dad ran our best ever of times of 13.75 @ 97 mph (me) and 12.61 @ 106 for my dad

I went to tune my car. Got five passes in before the bracket race started. I'd say there was 50 to 60 cars in the race.

I had two people tell me about only 20 to 30 cars raced last night. They were both there and racing in big dog and street. That's why I was wondering.

Chad and Josh, two of the guy with me last week both said it was not even close to being busy. Chad goes everyweek. They typically limit to 3 passes and I have seen just two passes, before. If they have time before elims start though it's open game

With big event @ edgewater on Thursdays and drag way 42 hitting a cool Saturday night street race and 100mph club, it has caught up to them. I had an email exchange with NTR today. He just blows it off, as no big deal. It won't be long now and I think we will all be almost 2 hours to race, but this could be avoided. If it is sold someone will need to clean house..

It's hitting them hard, the operations manager told me he needs more money from California can only assume that means fromt the NHRA, if they would stop running it with a chip on their shoulder and be polite. If they would put out a one night street racing heads up style, with some street car friendly indexs they coudl use that money to get soem things done. Edgewater is averaging 2000+on thursdays or more I expect that to go up after school lets out.

Last year I watched the NMRA guy tell them they needed to treat people better, guy was trying too get tow truck in to tow his broke car and gate was throwing a fit about it.. saying the guy whos car was broke making a run when need to pay again to come in the gate after he walked out the gate to meet tow truck guy.

It's hitting them hard, the operations manager told me he needs more money from California can only assume that means fromt the NHRA, if they would stop running it with a chip on their shoulder and be polite. If they would put out a one night street racing heads up style, with some street car friendly indexs they coudl use that money to get soem things done. Edgewater is averaging 2000+on thursdays or more I expect that to go up after school lets out.

Last year I watched the NMRA guy tell them they needed to treat people better, guy was trying too get tow truck in to tow his broke car and gate was throwing a fit about it.. saying the guy whos car was broke making a run when need to pay again to come in the gate after he walked out the gate to meet tow truck guy.

Wow, they must be hurting pretty bad if they are asking dad for money. I keep hearing these rumors that something big is going down soon, and it involves some new organization that is coming after the NHRA.

Fact is the NHRA has pissed of sooooooo many racers that if there is some other alternative offered they are screwed.

Wagner they have that Drag racing league, I don't think it's nhra. It's really becoming popular. Yes, he told me that he needs more money from California. I asked him when he was going to figure things out, and that was his response.

This was on Friday night, he was out there taking track temps and sprayed just a little bit of VHT. I was standing near water box when he was heading back in to tower and that is what he said.

Wagner they have that Drag racing league, I don't think it's nhra. It's really becoming popular. Yes, he told me that he needs more money from California. I asked him when he was going to figure things out, and that was his response.

This was on Friday night, he was out there taking track temps and sprayed just a little bit of VHT. I was standing near water box when he was heading back in to tower and that is what he said.

The ADRL is not hurting the NHRA as much as it should. What I heard was something new and is pretty much going after the NHRA by doing what is right for the racers.

Be interested to see what comes along, is it really the nhra at NTR or is it the jacked up management at NTR.. I know pacemakers at the end of last year made upgrades to meet nhra rules, they had to add some fence or something like that.

NTR is owned by the NHRA so you have the worst of both worlds. The local staff, they have the smarts of your typical D- summer school students, and NHRA ownership, the ability to make a nun curse...

From what i can tell from the people i have talked to, most of there problems come from in house.

Yes they need to work on the track, and im sure that is an nhra related problem, but my biggest complaints, ( lack of proper track prep, inconsistant in how they run the place/ enforce rules and such and just the plain out ass holes/retards they have employed there) are all in house shit that makes the experience out there suck.

For instance, there some ass hat in a big maroon dodge dually that kept cutting people off in the staging lanes. The last time he did it, he about rearend one guy and almost took off the front end of my dads car doing it. Several people complained, but they did nothing. When eliminations started, i went to get in line and realized the lane i was in was really long, so i scooted over one (they get pissy if everyone goes to 1 lane) since no one else was coming up behind me. Next thing i know, the dude running the lanes was standing at my door, bitching me out.

NTR is owned by the NHRA so you have the worst of both worlds. The local staff, they have the smarts of your typical D- summer school students, and NHRA ownership, the ability to make a nun curse...

Roger I already knew that it was owned by nhra, it's a effing mess..

Besides that, if you have a complaint start sending email voicing your concern. Every time it's messed up I let both the managers know. If your at the track go speak up, I do. As a paying customer, they should know when the customer is unhappy.

IMHO if your not letting them know whats wrong your part of the problem. That is not meant to make anyone mad, but if you went to burger king and they put a whooper in your bag and you ordered a chicken sandwich you would let them know right.

Here's the emails

General M Jlayton@nhra.com

Operations M CStilwell@nhra.com

I also call tower on Friday asking why the guys was refusing to run out all the cars before he allowed the others cars to make another pass.

LOLZ

You right he is an ass he tried to pass blame to the cars that break, I told him how I felt at Spring swap meet he was not happy, but I don't care. He needed to know, and he was not responding to email. I had an email the next day, so he cares a little bit but not much..

Everyone should just flood his inbox asking him why he is the GM when he won't make any changes