pretty sure my maf is toast: dsm content

mjrsplat

So my car isn't going into boost, I get a p0170 code for fuel trim bank 1, my wideband is showing lean, and i can't get a reading from my Maf sensor with my scan tool via the live data feature. I'm pretty sure my Maf sensor is the problem but as 212 bucks I don't want to buy one and it not be the issue. Anyone have one I can put on my car to test?

So my car isn't going into boost, I get a p0170 code for fuel trim bank 1, my wideband is showing lean, and i can't get a reading from my Maf sensor with my scan tool via the live data feature. I'm pretty sure my Maf sensor is the problem but as 212 bucks I don't want to buy one and it not be the issue. Anyone have one I can put on my car to test?

What car is this? It's really difficult to diag when we don't know what the hell kind of car you're talking about.

What car is this? It's really difficult to diag when we don't know what the hell kind of car you're talking about.

The thread title says "dsm content" I bet it might have to do with the car in my Sig.

Edited by Cordell
we do not allow bullshit in the tech section

Sounds like you may be right on the MAF, but just a couple things to double check, what does the MAF show on your scanner specifically? 0, pegged one way or the other? You could have a broken melted wire somewhere, or a bad air leak after the MAF. Is a DSM MAF based on frequency or voltage?

I'd gladly help you regardless of what else had been done/said/argued about on the rest of CR, and trolling will not be tolerated in the Tech section. So to OP don't have an attitude in the tech section, and everyone else needs to stay out if they don't have anything constructive to add.

Sounds like you may be right on the MAF, but just a couple things to double check, what does the MAF show on your scanner specifically? 0, pegged one way or the other? You could have a broken melted wire somewhere, or a bad air leak after the MAF. Is a DSM MAF based on frequency or voltage?

I'd gladly help you regardless of what else had been done/said/argued about on the rest of CR, and trolling will not be tolerated in the Tech section. So to OP don't have an attitude in the tech section, and everyone else needs to stay out if they don't have anything constructive to add.

The scanner shows the Maf pegged at 0.0 lbs/min. I've been over the wiring, I've checked and double checked all my intercooler piping for leaks. I've got it narrowed down to either the Maf or a leak in the throttle body or possible intake manifold gasket issue. Thanks for the help, I hope to have it sorted out today.

The scanner shows the Maf pegged at 0.0 lbs/min. I've been over the wiring, I've checked and double checked all my intercooler piping for leaks. I've got it narrowed down to either the Maf or a leak in the throttle body or possible intake manifold gasket issue. Thanks for the help, I hope to have it sorted out today.

Sounds like the MAF to me. I would check the volts on each of the lines. Since I don't know DSM's well enough if it was a subaru I would checking my 5v ref.