I deactivated my Facebook account.

zeitgeist57

I was talking with my girl yesterday.. how nice it would be to not have the internet at all, just for a month or so. We would go out and meet our neighbors, take walks, exercise, etc

Um, I do this with internet and a Facebook account... :o

While I too love to criticize everyone's pointless, self centered status updates, the reason I keep Facebook around is mostly to keep my non-local relatives updated on my kids. Grandma is in California, Grandpa in Michigan, and Uncle in Colorado. Facebook makes it easy for that stuff... :nod:

While I too love to criticize everyone's pointless, self centered status updates, the reason I keep Facebook around is mostly to keep my non-local relatives updated on my kids. Grandma is in California, Grandpa in Michigan, and Uncle in Colorado. Facebook makes it easy for that stuff... :nod:

This.

And it was funny when grandpa, a retired pastor now in his early 70s, got a facebook. Grandma was telling him how he could see all his grandkids and great grandkids pics and such. A few months later he saw someones update and verbally he said, "What?! I don't care that you had a stupid sandwich for lunch!" and that was the end of his FB. LOL!