2013 GT500 drag results

kirks5oh

the car is apparently a solid 11.5-11.6 car with anywhere from 123-129 traps depending on traction, launch control, etc.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1205_2013_ford_shelby_gt500_first_test/

dynoed 609 rwhp for 5.0 magazine

video of reporters/mag editors/etc running the car repeatedly over 30 times in a row. it was pulling 11.8's the whole time, apparently

i just need to figure out which color to get :fuckyeah:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, car is AMAZING!!!

Kirk, are you getting the PP with the 200mph gearing or the more drag strip friendly gearing?

i'm still up in the air as to whether or not i want another car payment. either way, the cobra will have to go. my wife has some pretty crazy requests in order for me to get this car---ah, the joys of being married

i would get the power pack, track pack, recaros, and maybe not much more than that. no heated seats, no glass roof, and i'm up in the air about the sound/entertainment package

i would get the power pack, track pack, recaros, and maybe not much more than that. no heated seats, no glass roof, and i'm up in the air about the sound/entertainment package

That's pretty much what I'd go with also but I'm in the same boat. Why get another toy that I'm just going to pay for it to sit in the garage. I don't have time for anything right now... :(

i'm still up in the air as to whether or not i want another car payment. either way, the cobra will have to go. my wife has some pretty crazy requests in order for me to get this car---ah, the joys of being married

Sell the Cobra as a ported eaton car and sell me the whipple :)

Sell the Cobra as a ported eaton car and sell me the whipple :)

as sad as it is, i will probably trade the car into the dealership if i do this. we'll see. still up in the air about the car. for the difference in the amount i'd trade it in for, i'm not sure its worth tire-kickers/joy-riders/people blowing the car up and coming after me later.

lol--silveraudimike has/had my ported eaton, i still have his stock eaton sitting in my garage, your bassani h-pipe sitting in the garage (had to get a different one when i went auto), and hal's bassani catback in my garage (car is solid rear now). :lolguy:

Base price on a gt500 is $54kish i thought....?

It is ($54k-base, depends on options), and dealers charging ADM's are stupid. To many cars being built and to many people already have locked in orders/deals at MSRP or less. These aren't going to be rare by anymeans....just depends who wants to be first on the block with one.

From the sound of things, its to late. Many already delivered....one dynoed 613whp bone stock with 95-miles today... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/852318-dyno-time.html

5 cars posted in your sig, talking about buying a $70k+ car and worried about me driving a gtr.....

i'm not worried about you driving a GTR (assume you're referring to the thread on svtperformance--which i won't link here). they MSRP for $55k-ish, and come with every option in the upper $60k's--perhaps $68k. i'll be trading in my cobra, and not paying over MSRP--not in a huge hurry to buy, and ford will make as many as they can sell. i might just decide to buy a GTR too. :fuckyeah:

A quick rundown:

Base $54,995 coupe (Convertible- $59,995)

+

SVT Performance Pack- $3,495 = $58,490

+

SVT Track Pack- $2,995 = $61,485

+

Glass Roof- $1,995 = $63,480

+

Electronics Package- $2,340 = $65,820

+

Recaro Seats- $1,595 = $67,415

Shaker audio also but then again, who buys one with EVERY option?

Give me PP, TP, and Recaro's... $63,080 (Invoice just above mid-$50k's)

A quick rundown:

Base $54,995 coupe (Convertible- $59,995)

+

SVT Performance Pack- $3,495 = $58,490

+

SVT Track Pack- $2,995 = $61,485

+

Glass Roof- $1,995 = $63,480

+

Electronics Package- $2,340 = $65,820

+

Recaro Seats- $1,595 = $67,415

Shaker audio also but then again, who buys one with EVERY option?

Give me PP, TP, and Recaro's... $63,080 (Invoice just above mid-$50k's)

PP, TP, and recaro's here. my wife might insist on the electronics package, but i'm not a huge fan of the glass roof, and not a big audio guy.

Same for me...

Glass roof sounds cool but not for the price and 25-30lbs extra. Audio/Shaker mods aren't worth what you can get aftermarket...

Now, I'd probably have to have the electronics package because you can't get dual zone climate control without it. That crap doesn't fly with the wife and my temperature differences...lol.

Here is a good review/interview with Jay Leno

tech info video, learn the details of the car

Launch control, little better video than the OP posted(HD), this is from the same day at the track

road track with a go pro, bunch of wind noise for 10min

Edited by CRAWDAD