Valvoline Oil Change

Sully

That's why I do my own oil changes.

This ^

But also, did she really need the air filters with only 16k miles on the car??!! that's just shady business practice right there....maybe the air filter, but the cabin filter?? I would think those are in the ballpark of 30k-50k mile part?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This ^

But also, did she really need the air filters with only 16k miles on the car??!! that's just shady business practice right there....maybe the air filter, but the cabin filter?? I would think those are in the ballpark of 30k-50k mile part?

Mileage doesnt really have anything to do with a cabin filter. Hell I've pulled them out at 10k miles and they are gross. Ohio is horrible for quality air.

It's not up selling when the part doesn't need changed. It's called scamming and taking advantage of people.

Thats what I was saying. They will try to upsell regardless of if it needs it or not. Your correct though. The more appropriate word is scamming.

Companies like that have to hit a certain quota for the month.

Just like when I worked at Midas, you had to upsell certain # of wiper blades, trans service, etc.

Corporate doesn't care if it needs it or not.

But at the end of the day, it's the customers decision.

This ^

Cabin filters are entirely dependent on how much you use them... I've been surprised at how natty mine's been when I pulled it out, and I don't even use the a/c or heater that much :no:

I used to work for VIOC and we would not sell shit that wasn't needed...they don't make commission off what they sell, so they really don't give a shit if they sell anything or not.

Now when I worked at Sears autocenter, where they have sales people and techs making commission, that's where the bullshitting comes in. People who sell shit that wasn't needed, at least at Valvoline you are right there in the car, and people show you what the filter/oil/whatever looks like, and tell you that hey, based on your mileage, the manufacturer recommends a change.

When it comes to basic shit like oil changes, I'd rather go to Valvoline than a dealer for many reasons. If it's a car that I actually give a shit about, I'll just do it myself.

It's funny the amount of times Iv heard the phrase " I don't need that your just trying to make more money" I never made a single dollar off of what the customers got. Thus I had not even one fuck given about trying to sell some one anything yet my store (5th ave) made the most profit out of all the Stores in Ohio.

I take that back the day before thanksgiving of 2010 I got a free Xbox for servicing the most car in one day (105) in jiffy lube history out of a two bay shop with only 7 people working And lunch for the crew for a week

I used to work for VIOC and we would not sell shit that wasn't needed...they don't make commission off what they sell, so they really don't give a shit if they sell anything or not.

Now when I worked at Sears autocenter, where they have sales people and techs making commission, that's where the bullshitting comes in. People who sell shit that wasn't needed, at least at Valvoline you are right there in the car, and people show you what the filter/oil/whatever looks like, and tell you that hey, based on your mileage, the manufacturer recommends a change.

When it comes to basic shit like oil changes, I'd rather go to Valvoline than a dealer for many reasons. If it's a car that I actually give a shit about, I'll just do it myself.

+1 i work at sears now and my manager try's to get me to sell people stuff even if they dont need it i wont do it unless its needed always tells me "suggest more stuff"

couple points here..at ntb our base valvoline oil change is 38.99...however our advertised price/coupon rate is always 19.99 which includes a rotate.. air filters and cabin filters can definitely be shit in 16k...Plenty of you guys are judging but none of you saw the filters. go look in your owners manual and see what it says for filter replacement. Some companies would void your warranty for not having record of scheduled maintenance done and that can include air filters. in the end i scam no one, but there are plenty of times during the day when I ask a customer if they know the last time they had and air/ cabin filter done, because some do take extra work to get to, at that point the ball is in the customer's court. Now say we get in there and the filter is clean, the old one goes back in.

welcome to schedule maintenance services

couple points here..at ntb our base valvoline oil change is 38.99...however our advertised price/coupon rate is always 19.99 which includes a rotate.. air filters and cabin filters can definitely be shit in 16k...Plenty of you guys are judging but none of you saw the filters. go look in your owners manual and see what it says for filter replacement. Some companies would void your warranty for not having record of scheduled maintenance done and that can include air filters. in the end i scam no one, but there are plenty of times during the day when I ask a customer if they know the last time they had and air/ cabin filter done, because some do take extra work to get to, at that point the ball is in the customer's court. Now say we get in there and the filter is clean, the old one goes back in.

welcome to schedule maintenance services

And to add... Scheduled maintenance services is to not wait until its black and clogged, its to keep your car running at peak performance and to get the most MPG's...

LOL just like the time my mom got charged like $300 for spark plugs on her 97 Tbird.

Women are retards. I should create a lube place called "Bitches only" cause Id be a millionaire raking them over the coals.

So you're calling your mom a retard?

LOL just like the time my mom got charged like $300 for spark plugs on her 97 Tbird.

Women are retards. I should create a lube place called "Bitches only" cause Id be a millionaire raking them over the coals.

So you're calling your mom a retard?

pretty sure hes saying that anyone who pays 300 for sparkplugs is a retard

Bolded the needed info for you. Anyone who pays for $300 sparkplugs is a retard. Above post says his mom paid $300 for plugs on the bird. Yet he posts anyone is a retard for paying $300 for spark plugs in the same post.

Pretty sure he said his mom is a retard. Unless his mom was a dude.

Bolded the needed info for you. Anyone who pays for $300 sparkplugs is a retard. Above post says his mom paid $300 for plugs on the bird. Yet he posts anyone is a retard for paying $300 for spark plugs in the same post.

Pretty sure he said his mom is a retard. Unless his mom was a dude.

If she was indeed when did she stop being a dude?

So having worked for a stealership I learned two things, one our dealer would do all the stuff except the air filter for 25. Second I'm surprise no one brought this up but usually when you see oil after going to one of these places its because they either double gasketed the filter or they left the drain plug loose but either is going to cause you a problem. Either check it out yourself or go back to the place to avoid potential costly repairs.

So having worked for a stealership I learned two things, one our dealer would do all the stuff except the air filter for 25. Second I'm surprise no one brought this up but usually when you see oil after going to one of these places its because they either double gasketed the filter or they left the drain plug loose but either is going to cause you a problem. Either check it out yourself or go back to the place to avoid potential costly repairs.

Yes, I'm going to check it out this weekend.