http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64402414/004.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64402414/005.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64402414/006.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64402414/FRS-Cayman.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another subjective review that provides no tactile data for any subset of car performance. Great, this guy thinks it drives better than a Cayman.

Put them both through the same tests and provide data. I'm beginning to fear we'll never see this as it would put it below some economy cars.

BRZs have been delivered in northern IN and in MI. Mine is literally days away. Can't wait! :)

I already have a shift knob and a plate bracket on the way. :D Tint/clear bra will follow shortly with rims/tires as well. Then the modding will begin once the parts start hitting the market. :)

Yet another subjective review that provides no tactile data for any subset of car performance. Great, this guy thinks it drives better than a Cayman.

Put them both through the same tests and provide data. I'm beginning to fear we'll never see this as it would put it below some economy cars.

You're asking for objective data on a subjective aspect of the car? :lolguy:

You're asking for objective data on a subjective aspect of the car? :lolguy:

No, but when a new car is released, typically you'll see a nice right up about the subjective bits. "Love the turn in" "Great balance" "Excellent shift action" or "Great interior".

Then you'll see the tale of the tape where it shows slalom, 1/4 mile, lateral grip, and other indisputable specifics that describe a car's relative performance.

This last part is all but missing from all reviews for this car. Me thinks Toyota has a gag order out or something stopping them from providing data that would indicate it would get raped by a stock civic at everything. :dumb:

There is a thread on vortex, shows the brz destroyed by a french econobox. Ill try to find it.

The Megane Trophy, a track-day hot hatch. The article was done by Evo magazine. Who, in the next breath, write an article saying that the FR-S (manual, vs the auto BRZ they tested) is much better than the BRZ. Other than the transmission which they seem to overlook the only difference between the two is slightly higher rear spring rates. :dumb:

They're trying to backpedal their initial BRZ article. So their credibility has taken a bit of a blow.

This is from TCL on vortex, which sums up a lot of fags on this board, pretty well.

The FRS/86/BRZ debate may end TCL as we know it.

As many have argued it's not perfect, it's not a powerhouse, it doesn't even come with good tires...

However nearly the whole CL would argue there needs to be a RWD "enthusiast" car. And how dare the corporate Automotive conspiracy kill off RWD cars? How dare they kill off the manual gear box??!!!

Yet when major companies hear the cry of the "enthusiast" for more RWD, and more MT, and more tuner friendly motors... then the toilet poised, magazine at hand, numbers-racer show their ugly head.

They'll quote TQ all day, and HP for weeks. They'll compare this review to that review. They'll say that the positive reviews are more damning than the negative reviews. Despite both reviews being so heavy handed to both extremes. They'll ignore what they've wanted, just so they can damn such a weak attempt to charm the enthusiast. The enthusiast of yore that lies inside of them.

It baffles my mind to see so many TCL users try to damn this car from the get-go. To damn a car that answers so many demands of the "enthusiasts" while answering demands of the "fickle" seems so ludicrous to me.

Here is a car that is RWD mated with a MT and is seemingly tuner friendly. Not only that, it is also sub $30k brand new, AND has promising MPG numbers. Yet so many people here want it to fail for no more than some personal vendetta against another username. It seems so silly.

Here is a partnership of two great tuner-friendly companies to give the masses what they've been asking for, only to have that answer shoved back down their throat.

No wonder car manufacturers aren't making "enthusiast" friendly cars any more.

Enthusiasts have turned into a bunch of snobs. Snobs that will always have a demographic that isn't happy; that will nitpick and pull apart all efforts and decisions made on their behalf. No wonder these manufacturers make cars that are boring and that will sell to the mainstream.

Why would a company try to make anything for a group of self destructive know-it-alls who are reminiscent of the 80's-movie prom queen...someone who has everything and wants it all.

What sucks is, I want to like this car.

We could use more light, rwd, 6 speed cars.

Maybe my opinion will swing wildly when I get to drive one, but I doubt it.

I agree.

You will hate it though. I bet $100

No, but when a new car is released, typically you'll see a nice right up about the subjective bits. "Love the turn in" "Great balance" "Excellent shift action" or "Great interior".

Then you'll see the tale of the tape where it shows slalom, 1/4 mile, lateral grip, and other indisputable specifics that describe a car's relative performance.

This last part is all but missing from all reviews for this car. Me thinks Toyota has a gag order out or something stopping them from providing data that would indicate it would get raped by a stock civic at everything. :dumb:

Motor Trend:

0-60: 6.4

1/4mi: 14.9

Skid Pad: 0.90

Figure 8: 26.2 sec @ 0.68 g

This is from TCL on vortex, which sums up a lot of fags on this board, pretty well.

I read that too.

How many new cars that fit the above criteria have you bought new?

Me? 3

Looks like i speak with my wallet.

the Chevy Sonic ran a quicker time then the Scion.

I believe it also beat a Corvette too. :lolguy: Some Sonics left the factory without brake pads. And the Sonic at work is currently in the shop for the second time since we got it new in Nov. There's been a recall on the Air bag already, and the Brake Master Cylinder has faulty internal seals, and the sway bar links are disintegrating. Both of which are known problems. The BMC has to be overnighted from Chevy and the links are backordered until they can find someone who can make them last more than a few months. The rear hatch will also permanently lock open if you hit the release twice while the hatch is open.

But hey, it's faster in a single test some magazine did, so it must be a better car, right?

Those are decent numbers. Are those average or on the fast side for these?

The article says average.

I've seen skid pad numbers as high as 0.96 for this car. And keep in mind this is on the stock 215-wide Michelin Primacy HP tires which are low-rolling resistance summer touring tires. Essentially, performance tires for a Prius or economy tires for a Porsche.

I believe the STI has a skid pad rating of 0.86 on RE070s.