Roofers

Rocky31186

Im having a problem with heat on my 2nd floor.

My central air works great, but there is so much heat in my attic that it makes me 2nd floor 10* +/- hotter than my 1st floor.

Last night it was 71* outside. 67* in my basement. 69* on my first floor. And 79* on my 2nd floor (where the bedrooms are)

I've been doing some reading and some people say to check the soffits, and vents. Some say to add a Vent fan..

I was checking to see if anyone on here had experience in this, and possibly if I could pay you to get in my attic and check it out.

We ended up sleeping in our basement because our room got above 80 and I hate sweating when I sleep.

I have a 3'x3' ceiling fan. I also have the same issue when it comes to the heat staying in the upstairs area to the point you can feel where the heat begins as you climb the stairs. I turn my fan on for 30 seconds and the problem is solved. Also whats great is I can also open the windows, turn on the fan and it will cool the whole house. It wont do it during the hottest period of the day when the heat is at its worst but once the heat breaks outside around evening, its great.

Do you have a ridge vent on your roof. We were having some big time problems cause when they did my roof the decided not to put one in. Installed ridge vent dropped temps during summer by 7 or 8 degrees and allowed better heating in winter.

How much to attic fans cost installed? I'm wondering the same thing. When the siding peeps came in years ago and put up new siting, they didn't put any wrap around the house nor board up the sides of the A-frame on the house. It's extremely hot in the attic. There's pleanty of insulation and the temperature is probably 5-7 degrees cooler in the basement (bi-level house).

Do you have a ridge vent on your roof. We were having some big time problems cause when they did my roof the decided not to put one in. Installed ridge vent dropped temps during summer by 7 or 8 degrees and allowed better heating in winter.

I have a ridge vent on my garage, but not on the house. The previous owners did have the roof replaced like 5 years ago..

If you do add a ridge vent and want to get the most out of it, then make sure your soffits are vented as well. This will enable air to flow in the soffits and out the ridge, completing the "circuit" of airflow. Also, if you already have gable vents, then you don't want to add a ridge vent. Plenty of information out there on why you don't want to do that.