LS1 wiring

V8 Beast

I need some help with wiring. Ive had issues with voltage and after some troubleshooting I think Ive got a wiring issue. At this point the car isnt mobile :(

I need pics of the grounds, the wiring that allows the alternator to charge battery, how this relays out to the engine, and how much voltage the lines should conduct.

Looking at some of my past issues Ive probably been dealing with loose/bad wiring off and on for years.

I need some help with wiring. Ive had issues with voltage and after some troubleshooting I think Ive got a wiring issue. At this point the car isnt mobile :(

I need pics of the grounds, the wiring that allows the alternator to charge battery, how this relays out to the engine, and how much voltage the lines should conduct.

Looking at some of my past issues Ive probably been dealing with loose/bad wiring off and on for years.

In for Jones. LS1 LOL :masturboy:

Good luck. Electrical issues in a car are right up there with STD's in my book of things I hope never to have.

The main wires for the battery, alternator, and starter should be obvious where they go. The control wires are a little more involved but aren't overly complicated. If it's something I can give you a hand with would be easier, or I can swing by and print alot of these schematics off on your printer.

What is the car doing now? Not cranking at all? Security light? what? Do you still have my number? We can set something up.

The main wires for the battery, alternator, and starter should be obvious where they go. The control wires are a little more involved but aren't overly complicated. If it's something I can give you a hand with would be easier, or I can swing by and print alot of these schematics off on your printer.

What is the car doing now? Not cranking at all? Security light? what? Do you still have my number? We can set something up.

I shall give you a call. I wont be home until late, so Ill call tomorrow afternoon. The fuel pump initially was low on voltage and the battery wasnt fully charging so I blamed the alternator. The alternator and battery are fine but the power is not getting where its suppose to go. Plus I have a grimlin under the hood that kills all power on occasion.

Gremlin that kills power? Do you mean like a draw that kills the battery or the car acts dead with a charged battery. If you have a draw fix this first before further diagnostics. To fix unhook negative cable to battery and connect a test light to this point to and a well grounded platoon on the motor or chassis. If the light comes on when the key is off you have a draw, pull fuses one at a time until light goes out. Then replace or repair componets in circuit with a draw.