I quit smoking and other reasons why I signed up for Pelotonia...

Casper

Yup. I quit smoking (six days so far) and signed up for the 50-mile Pelotonia ride. Pending training and fundraising, I'm hoping to up that to the 100-mile ride. For me, I couldn't think of better motivation to quit smoking than my son and adding years we'll spend together. Add to that helping fund the research that will one day lead to a cure for cancer, and it's a win win.

For those not familiar with Pelotonia, it's a great organization. The charity itself is sponsor funded, meaning 100% of the money raised by folks like you and I goes directly to cancer research at The James Cancer Research Center.

For my part, I'm cycling 50 (maybe more) miles and trying to raise more than $1200. Even better, my employer will match whatever I raise. Below is the link to my rider page. If you can throw a couple bucks towards my goal, sweet. If not, that's cool too.

https://www.mypelotonia.org/riders_profile.jsp?MemberID=184453

For anyone else riding in this year's Pelotonia, post up your rider pages and why you're riding.

Good job Ben.. My next major task is to quit smoking. Good luck with the Pelotonia ride!!

Thanks man. It's been a decade and a half since I started smoking, and around a decade since I last rode a bicycle. Promises to be interesting. :lol: