Restoring a car from a shell

Mallard

One of my favorite all-time cars is the 90-96 300ZXTT. I just happened to see a clean shell for sale which still has the rear end, all suspension, and brakes installed and includes a set of awful looking wheels.

It needs a front and rear bumper, front fenders, seats, and other misc. stuff. The stock engine and trans are separated from the vehicle but can be included for additional $.

Any rough estimates on the cost to make this a running car (not including paint)?

It's a 1993 T-top Twin Turbo shell.

That's what this guy was originally going to do, but not sure what he was going to use. That's why the running engine was removed, at least. It would be a cheap shell to do a swap on, but putting the stock engine back in is still cheaper. It also sounds like it may have originally been an auto converted to a manual. Not sure if everything was done correctly or not.

There's a guy in my area doing a 2JZ swap on one right now. Seems like sacrilege though.

shief I miss that little nissan you sold me. I may buy another one sometime for s&g's

300z's are sex, I see one roaming around here with dual potato cannons and it sounds really good.

I miss that car too. Was kinda cool for what it was.

If your gonna get all 2JZ with Nas, then might as well go LSX. RB26 isn't worth the cost/power imo, compared to a 25.

I miss that car too. Was kinda cool for what it was.

If your gonna get all 2JZ with Nas, then might as well go LSX. RB26 isn't worth the cost/power imo, compared to a 25.

Just depends on who has what at the right price like always. I almost bought one 7-8 years ago that someone had a RB engine and trans ready to go in too. :masturboy:

Just depends on who has what at the right price like always. I almost bought one 7-8 years ago that someone had a RB engine and trans ready to go in too. :masturboy:

There was an RB26 powered one sitting on Cars.com for a LONG time over fall/winter, no idea what happened to it though. Love the style of the 300Z's, was real close to buying one, before I found my car's deal lol

I know that they are expensive to maintain if you take it anywhere but if you're your own mechanic I would say go for it. I loved my friends 90. And we had a guy on here with a white one that MOVED OUT.