Cyclist haters come on in.

Sturg1647545502

We motorists still don't enjoy a pack of 15 bikes, 3 wide on a 2 lame country road. Especially when it isn't a flat road.

Care less.

Funny story.

deal with it. I'm not your psychologist and give a fuckless about your feelings. I'm there to do my thing.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

facts thus far. 100% legal to ride a bike on the road. Continue to bleed out of your vagina about having to pass people...no one cares.

None of this is new, you are all pissing in the wind and, frankly, being extreamly boring.

Mods lock this up.

Edited by Sturg

you move out of your parents basement yet? probably should've went with your own place instead of buying a new car. good move on the whole "priorities" thinking. :dumb:

Judging people by whom they live with is a recipe to either A. get your self pwnd, or B. Get a fist in the face (or both)...I think we've already been through this. Life often times gets fucking rough, things don't always go as planned.

facts thus far. 100% legal to ride a bike on the road. Continue to bleed out of your vagina about having to pass people...no one cares.

None of this is new, you are all pissing in the wind and, frankly, being extreamly boring.

Mods lock this up.

My applogies for starting shit, didn't realize this had already been covered (I never touched the Cycling thread for a reason)

Before it gets locked I would like to add that if and when I do flame you guys it's for your own good, as the scenario your're in the midst of is extremely dangerous and should something go down YOU will be the ones feeling the pain, not me. Other then that I just tend to shake my head when I see Cyclist in the city, especially those without helmets/hella-lights (at night)

Sounds like cyclist are making a bunch of peoples jimmies rustled in this thread.

All of this cyclist hating has yet to come out one little bit any of the dozens of times I've ridden my bike to cars & coffee. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I must of not seen your huffy, ill be there Saturday :D

Thats like saying Birds dont have a right to the sky because we now have airplanes....

I'm okay with birds in the air, but when geese decide to cross the road, I'm not going to lose control to try and save 'em.

Paul are you calling him out? My money is on the Huffy vs your Accord. :gabe:

Ill put a bagel and coffee on it.

I'm okay with birds in the air, but when geese decide to cross the road, I'm not going to lose control to try and save 'em.

All I see are speed bumps (waiting for the hiie animal freaks ahhh that's murder :jerkit: )

I literally go out of my way to toss something at bicyclist everytime they are taking up space on the road. Either it be a sandwich i'm eating or a drink i'm slurping down. I'm getting very good with my aim as well. That and I carry around an air horn that I blow right at them when I slow down next to them. Its ridiculously funny watching them flail around trying to keep the bike upright just before they lay it down into a ditch,field,woods, etc...

I found this interesting from Evan's link.

4511.711. Driving upon sidewalk area.

No person shall drive any vehicle, other than a bicycle, upon a sidewalk or sidewalk area except upon a permanent or duly authorized temporary driveway.

Comment: Although this section allows riding on sidewalks, don’t do it. Accident studies show that even low-speed sidewalk riding has about double the accident rate as riding on the road. The danger increases with speed. If you ride on the sidewalk, every intersection and even every driveway is a potential collision site. Motorists crossing your path do not look for conflicting traffic on the sidewalk, especially if you are coming from the "wrong way".

So all the times that there are claims that it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk are false. While I clearly understand why they discourage it and it can cause incidents, I do find it interesting that many times cyclists state "it's against the law for me to be on the sidewalk" as a reason for being on the road. It seems to me that if you're in a dangerous situation on the road, that the sidewalk is a viable alternative in which you just need to make sure you stop at all road crossings and look before entering the street.

As for my own experience, I generally try to show courtesy to cyclists on the road and seem to get the same in return. I regularly run into them riding on the "back" side of Hoover and haven't really run into any issues. Not sure they like the sound level of my FD exhuast though. haha.

For the guy in the OP's story, if he was riding above the speed limit in that area then he deserved to be ticketed. If he was being an ass when questioned by police for it then he deserved to be tazed and I'm happy that they're holding him accountable. As stated before, if you want to use the road you can't pick and choose when you want to pay attention to the laws (looking at those damn red light riders out there).

I respect cyclists on the road as much as possible.. I have been hit by a car while riding and that shit sucks.. On the other hand douche bags that ride on say 665 and 104 during rush hour need to use their head more. If one is being a dick they feel the rath of my Powerstroke smoke :gabe:

I literally go out of my way to toss something at bicyclist everytime they are taking up space on the road. Either it be a sandwich i'm eating or a drink i'm slurping down. I'm getting very good with my aim as well. That and I carry around an air horn that I blow right at them when I slow down next to them. Its ridiculously funny watching them flail around trying to keep the bike upright just before they lay it down into a ditch,field,woods, etc...

For your sake I hope you're joking.

Motorist: Bicycles are dangerous on the road because we have to stop and go around them. They should ride on the sidewalks.

Cyclists: Bicycles are dangerous on sidewalks because we have to keep an eye out for pedestrians. We should ride on the road.

Motorists avoiding cyclists on the road is like cyclists avoiding pedestrians on the sidewalk.

Oh and fuck cyclists.

my thinking iss if they consider a bike a motor vehicle then make there asses pay for tags ever freeking year

This +1000000

I can't take my car/motorcycle on the road without having insurance, tags, lights, license. Laws of the road should apply to everyone who wants to use it.

I'm not allowed to ride my ATV on the road because it lacks turn signals and a horn, two things that I've never seen on a bicycle. Yet, my ATV has a state issued license plate and carries liability insurance. Makes complete sense.