Computer / Network Guru's

TTQ B4U

I have a Win 7 Computer that is my main editing system and is on a network here at the house with 5 other PC's including a few laptops and iPads.

How do I keep it from waking up and running whenever another PC is being used. It's pissing me off that it won't stay asleep.

Thanks!

Need more information. Are you sharing files, printers, internet connection on the Win 7 PC? You could always disable WakeOnLan? I still don't understand people who turn off desktops. Laptops makes sense...

Need more information. Are you sharing files, printers, internet connection on the Win 7 PC? You could always disable WakeOnLan? I still don't understand people who turn off desktops. Laptops makes sense...

I am sharing laser printer so that my wife's laptop can print to it. To do so the computer I'm referencing needs to be on. Her laptop is one culprit but now so are two more than I have on a wireless network.

In terms of turning off computers, I rarely turn my OFF but I do want it to go to sleep. It saves power, reduces heat and since my main PC is in an Amour, I want to be able to close the doors without it coming on a cooking by accident. Really no need to have them ON unless they are being used.

If you're sharing media or such, go to power options, and in the advanced options for whatever power plan you have selected, go to the bottom to multimedia, under when sharing media, set it to "Allow computer to enter Away Mode"

edit: you ninja'd me. I'll look into it.