Prometheus (spoilers)

RedRocket1647545505

• 10 months later...

...what a disappointing ending. The movie is thought-provoking, but in a wasted, who-gives-a-fuck kind of way. Mental masturbation without the visual or physical kind; I would ask for my money back if it wasn't already a free viewing.

I'll send Ridley Scott an invoice for my personal time spent watching - and mental space inadvertently remembering - this dreck.:thumbdown

Clay saw it and didn't like it and thought it had a disappointing ending. He says the movie is thought-provoking, but in a wasted, who-gives-a-fuck kind of way. Mental masturbation without the visual or physical kind; he would probably ask for his money back but he saw it for free because he knows people.

Clay wants to send Ridley Scott an invoice for his personal time spent watching - and mental space inadvertently remembering - that dreck.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112178

I guess "Contact" delves into the questioning of why we exist, and "Prometheus" offers a suggestion that we are the NJ-Turnpike shit-stall McSteak of terraforming that happened from the results of a far superior race.

Still just a movie....concocted from man. The questions still stand, with no closer resolution to an answer.

Aided by stellar effects work, the visuals in Prometheus are the kind that require a pause button. You want to take them in for as long as possible before moving on to the next item of magnificence and beauty. It's no stretch at all to compare the film to an art museum, one containing pieces of imaginative sci-fi glamour but that go so far to distract you from the horrors that lie ahead.

I thought it was a great movie.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2012/review-ridley-scotts-prometheus-is-very-close-to-being-a-great-film/

so you were expecting to find the answer to the meaning of life from Prometheus? :dumb:

No....

BUT JOANS DID

I expected suspense and a good ending.

Event Horizon and every other sci-fi movie I've ever seen was better...