Accelerated Performance in Toledo

Draco-REX

Anyone familiar with this company? They're making an exhaust for the BRZ/FR-S that sounds pretty good. I'm kind of leaning towards them at the moment.

Oh.. just dug a bit deeper. Are they the ones that built the "Jamie's Supra" you guys are always drooling over?

So what I'm gathering is, an exhaust system from Accelerated Performance will be a good product. :D

Awesome. Apparently they're happy to have people come by, so I may take a trip up there to hear the exhaust in person and make a decision.

Yes, that's my 'shop' BRZ. It's a 6sp. Don got it last week, made an intake and an exhaust within 4 days. I think the intake picked up 6whp and we expect the exhaust to pick up about the same. We're going to start releasing bolt-on blower and turbo kits within a couple months, then start getting a little crazy. Look for it to be the first 9 sec BRZ later this year. :)

Another customer has a white auto.

Don is going to get pretty serious into this market (he comes from a Subaru background....)

Yes, that's my 'shop' BRZ. It's a 6sp. Don got it last week, made an intake and an exhaust within 4 days. I think the intake picked up 6whp and we expect the exhaust to pick up about the same. We're going to start releasing bolt-on blower and turbo kits within a couple months, then start getting a little crazy. Look for it to be the first 9 sec BRZ later this year. :)

Another customer has a white auto.

Don is going to get pretty serious into this market (he comes from a Subaru background....)

That would be cool to see. You'll have to work fast though, there are already a couple 2JZ swaps in the works in Japan. ;)

You might be getting a bit more from the intake/exhaust. The ECU in the BRZ will pull back the power if it sees too much above what it expects. Lots of people have seen instant gains with a mod, then watched the power dropover 2-3 dyno runs back to near stock levels. Tuning's going to be important to the aftermarket with this car, just like the turbo Subarus.

That would be cool to see. You'll have to work fast though, there are already a couple 2JZ swaps in the works in Japan. ;)

You might be getting a bit more from the intake/exhaust. The ECU in the BRZ will pull back the power if it sees too much above what it expects. Lots of people have seen instant gains with a mod, then watched the power dropover 2-3 dyno runs back to near stock levels. Tuning's going to be important to the aftermarket with this car, just like the turbo Subarus.

Indeed I really would like to get a opensource solution but if we have to pay for a cobb or ecutek solution so be it

We're not interested in doing a swap right now - too easy and it wouldn't help the business.

Indeed I really would like to get a opensource solution but if we have to pay for a cobb or ecutek solution so be it

I believe Cobb has chosen not to offer a tune for this market. We've got something else in the works though.

Well the system is paid for and being built on a jig along with some others. The videos got a lot of people on FT86Club interested. I'll be up there next Sat to pick it up and Don said they'd hang it on the car for me.