Temp companies. Any of them good?

Buck531

I haven't dealt with a temp company in years. My son hates his job at Wendys. I'm looking to see what temp companies are still out there that could get him a 10-12 hour job with fixed hours and not this crap with his managers texting him to come in early and work really late.

Doesn't have to be technically related. Just want to see what's out there for him. Something like a warehouse job or what not.

A part-time job rarely ever has fixed hours.

Yeah I know that. Just something better than a fast food restaurant so he can make some money for college in the fall. Hours don't have to be concrete. Just a set schedule where they don't ask him to come in early and make him work crazy 10-12 hour days

One of the searches I am up with was UPS. Part time. probably 20 hours a week. Pretty much a set schedule for the most part. The cool thing is he can earn money for college tuition this fall. Anywhere up to 15k. Too bad it's in obetz but that's only a 20-30 minute drive for him.

I worked a warehouse job as a temp for a couple years, the company was called Spherion but I think they changed their name recently? The job was easy and I worked set hours (three 12's a week). Might be worth looking into.

How old is your son? If he's old enough to work, I feel he should find his OWN job.... it's part of growing up. I mean, I think it's great that you're trying to help him, but you can't hand everything to him on a silver platter. If he wants to complain about a job like Wendy's where it's no surprise they work him early and long hours, he should take his own initiative to find a job he actually enjoys, part time. That's just my opinion.

We use ProLogistix mainly. Our hours are set, but depends what hours exactly your looking for.

Pro is descent to work with, I can't speak about working for them, but the employees don't have any complaints about them.

10-12 hours a day? or a week? It's probably too late for this year, but I spent a good part of high school working year-round as a lifeguard. Generally had three 4-hour, after school shifts each week at the city rec center. IIRC, it paid about 7/hr at a time when minimum wage was 5.50. Not going to make anyone rich (which I think is a crock considering the level of responsibility versus the legal protections), but by the same token, the stress level is also usually pretty low.

How old is your son? If he's old enough to work, I feel he should find his OWN job.... it's part of growing up. I mean, I think it's great that you're trying to help him, but you can't hand everything to him on a silver platter. If he wants to complain about a job like Wendy's where it's no surprise they work him early and long hours, he should take his own initiative to find a job he actually enjoys, part time. That's just my opinion.

He's 18.. just graduated HS.. and really, I could care less about your opinion. This thread isn't about someones opinions on how they should go finding a job. If you don't have any temp companies or other places that hire, then stay the fuck out of the thread.

Also. I'm not going to do the damn interview for him. I'm just going to point him in the right direction. :rolleyes:

You are so not "in the know" it's like watching Steve Carell on The Office.

Buck there is a big warehouse hiring(one of the limited brand companies) off rt 40 before you get to 310.

Don't send him to Limited. They run a very lean oriented operation and management can be a bunch of ruthless cunts.

Yeah I know that. Just something better than a fast food restaurant so he can make some money for college in the fall. Hours don't have to be concrete. Just a set schedule where they don't ask him to come in early and make him work crazy 10-12 hour days

One of the searches I am up with was UPS. Part time. probably 20 hours a week. Pretty much a set schedule for the most part. The cool thing is he can earn money for college tuition this fall. Anywhere up to 15k. Too bad it's in obetz but that's only a 20-30 minute drive for him.

That is a great gig for a student.