CR Golfers

Guest Hal

So who on CR is a golfer? You don't need to be an avid golfer or even to have broken 100, just someone who enjoys the game. I know there are a few of us on here, so I figured we could find out who everyone is and what they play.

Questions:

What's in the bag?

Where do you play, in general?

What are your goals?

To answer for me:

Bag - Ping cart bag

Driver(s) - Ping G20 9.5 with S tour shaft, Nike MachSpeed 10.5 with S Fubuki shaft.

Wood - Ping G20 4 wood with S tour shaft

Irons - Nike Slingshot 4-PW, Nike Slingshot 3HL

Wedges - Adams Tom Watson GW (52) and LW (60)

Putter - Ping iN traditional

Balls - Callaway Warbird 2.0 and Callaway Diablo HX

I generally play at Village View, Minerva, Bridgeview, and Arrowhead.

Right now my goal is to build a more consistent short game to really take some strokes off my score.

So, who else is out there? I know Andrew, Miller, and DJ should be stopping in here. Please keep the random anti-golfer BS out of this thread.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bag: ogio

Driver: nike machspeed sq

Wood: nike sq

Irons: big bertha x-12 cavity backs

Putter: some no name crap

Wedge: cleveland 60deg

Goals: shoot in the 40s for 9 (easily obtainable, just don't play enough), also want to get some forged irons

Courses: gahanna, airport (when it was open), winding hollow

Up here in Cleveland, so the courses I play are irreverent I guess.

Bag - Nike Performance Carry

Driver - Taylormade R11 stiff shaft. Adjusted to 8.5*, Open Face, Neutral Flight

Woods - Taylormade Burner Superfast 3 Wood stiff shaft, Taylormade R7 5 Wood stiff shaft

Irons - Titleist 755cm 3-PW 0.5" added length, 1* up on toe, stiff steel

Wedges - Cleveland CG 12s (56 & 60)

Putter - Odyssey White Steel #1

Balls - Taylormade Penta 5, Titleist Pro V1s

I need to shoot lower scrores...in SC 2 weekends ago I was at 83 & 84 on mountain courses. Not the best but that's what I get for only getting out 3-4 times a month.

Me shooting a good ~50 foot drop at a mountain course in Asheville.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/469860_3516596161831_2126733787_o.jpg

Edited by M0nk3y

Bag - Callaway Hyperlite

Driver(s) - Ping K15 10.5

Wood - TM Burners

Irons - Callaway Diablo Edge Rs

Wedges - Callaway Edge R PW AW, Nike 64 degree LW

Putter - Odyssey 2 ball white ice

Balls - Titleist prov

I'll play anywhere. The crappier the venue, the funner the outing

Goal: Just relaxing. I suck, but I have fun

I don't know what I have in my bag, I play Top Flight distance XL and play medallion/lakes/shamrock/kinsale/wedgewood. Generally only have time for 9 and shoot high/mid 40's. Goals - shatter at least 1 driver a year and work on my short game. Would like to be low 40's.

is this one of those threads where everybody tries to 1up eachother on who has the best golf shit and who's golfed where? It sure looks like it...

Lol not really. My shit is old. My clubs are 5 years old...along with my 5 wood, putter and wedges. All when i played high school

Learn to hit what you have and enjoy the game

Im using some used Golden Bear clubs I got from Play it again sports for $40 :D. My goal is to beat my father in law who has played for 40 years within my first year of playing. Based on my progress hes going to get beat around September. Along the way my son has gotten pretty good so its been some good father son time as well.

Bag: cheapo, cant remember the name, I think it has an eagle head on it.

Driver: Hippo something or other, its taken quite a beating and looks like shit

Woods: also hippo, havent taken nearly the beating that the driver has, I tend to use my irons more when I'm out on the fairway

Irons: No name cheapos, I mean so no name I cant even find them on the internet.

Putter: Odyssey White Ice #7

I play at Blackhawk every Monday in a league, other than that I dont get out as oftern as I'd like, but i've been to Champions, Airport, Echo Springs.

Overall I'm a pretty bad golfer, worst in my league, but I've been taking lessons and have seen improvement. I dont get frustrated though and just like to be out drinkin some beers and hittin some balls. Goal for the year is to be a bogey golfer.

I really shanked one good one day, my buddy bet me to play it where it fell.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/284390_10100112169613205_3828474_n.jpg

idk what bag i have, i have some old wilson clubs though. i prefer top flite balls, but not really picky. i dont play much, i usually just played charity events (muscular distrophy event a bar used to hold years ago), also i played a 9 hole course in a place called hide away hills in lancaster. i havent played in years, but would like to get back into it for fun. fwiw, my scores are nothing worth mentioning, im a terrible golfer lol.

Great Big Bertha II - Callaway - Driver

Burner Bubble - TaylorMade - Driver

Firesole - TaylorMade - Fairway Woods

SQ Sumo - Nike - Hybrids

Ping Zing - Irons Red Dot

Ping Zing - Wedges

GreenJoys Athletic - FootJoy - Shoes

Warbird - Callaway - Gloves

Bag is a Ryder Cup cart bag

I usually shot in the low 80's cause I can't putt to save my life. Not sure why, been Golfing since 1984... You'd think I'd of figured it out by now.

I usually golf National Road Golf Course or Wilson Rd. 9 hole course.

A couple of the more fun and tougher local courses I've played is Valley View in Lancaster and Pine Hill in Carroll.

Anyone use http://www.oobgolf.com to keep track of your scores?

Driver - Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid 3 - Callway Razr FX

Irons - Taylor Made Burner 2

Putter - Hand me down from my dad. Lol

Right now I am the epitome of incosistancy. My goal is to be able to keep my 9 hole scores under 50, and to develop a consitant, reliable drive and approach game.

I play wherever I can find someone to go with me. Living on the southeast side, I TRY to stay aroundabouts columbus.

is this one of those threads where everybody tries to 1up eachother on who has the best golf shit and who's golfed where? It sure looks like it...

Nope, just a thread to find out who everyone is. It doesn't matter what clubs you have, everyone hits something different.

Good to see there are more of us than I thought. We should try to setup an outing some day this summer.

Nope, just a thread to find out who everyone is. It doesn't matter what clubs you have, everyone hits something different.

Good to see there are more of us than I thought. We should try to setup an outing some day this summer.

i would be down for this.