• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's in the bag?

Bag - Generic bag I got off craigslist for $5

Driver(s) - Callaway FT-3 (1)

Wood - Callaway FT-3 (3)

Irons / Wedges - Ping Zing 2 (2-LW) (also have a set of Ping Zing irons)

Putter - Ping Anser 2 BeCu (Need cover if someone has one that fits!)

Balls - Whatever I find on the course!

I just started last year. I started as a sub in the Nationwide League at Foxfire Player's Club. This year I am a sub for Foxfire Player's Club and Golf Club of Dublin. I've played a few other places like Safari, Mentel Memorial, and the Wilson Rd course.

Right now my goal is to get rid of my huge slice when I drive. I got 3 lessons for father's day. I really need to work on everything though!

If anyone wants to meet up to play or hit a driving range let me know. I live in Grove City, but inside of 270.

Sounds like there is a story that bears sharing here....

Shot a 106 with my dad yesterday. Had a great time. Funny how it doesn't feel like I shot that high...

There were tons of father-son pairings out yesterday, I guess golf is a common Father's Day activity.

I shot a really disappointing 9-hole 44 yesterday. Normally that would be a good score, but I really missed some great opportunities out there.

Sounds like there is a story that bears sharing here....

Shot a 106 with my dad yesterday. Had a great time. Funny how it doesn't feel like I shot that high...

I took Mike to my family cabin in Norther PA a few years ago and we all went golfing. Mike is not a golfer, so he was our driver. The course is a mountain course with very steep grades. Mike was coming down the fairway on one particular drop and slammed the brakes to not pass a ball. Brakes locked up, cart slid, cart tipped and flipped the passanger out. Mike tried to put a leg out to catch the cart and failed. The cart ended up coming down on his leg. Very nice bruise and cuts. Flipped the cart back over, made fun of him, kept playing.

Moral of the story is Mike is not allowed to drive. :)

-Marc

I took Mike to my family cabin in Norther PA a few years ago and we all went golfing. Mike is not a golfer, so he was our driver. The course is a mountain course with very steep grades. Mike was coming down the fairway on one particular drop and slammed the brakes to not pass a ball. Brakes locked up, cart slid, cart tipped and flipped the passanger out. Mike tried to put a leg out to catch the cart and failed. The cart ended up coming down on his leg. Very nice bruise and cuts. Flipped the cart back over, made fun of him, kept playing.

-Marc

:lol:

-Marc

i am related to that retard.

There were tons of father-son pairings out yesterday, I guess golf is a common Father's Day activity.

I shot a really disappointing 9-hole 44 yesterday. Normally that would be a good score, but I really missed some great opportunities out there.

I took my dad out as well this weekend for his first time. He did pretty bad, but had some nice shots in there. He just really liked getting out there with my brother and I.

44 is not bad, I shot 42,44 at Pinnacle yesterday. My uncle shot 31,35 from the tips!!! I feel anything under 45 on 9 is respectable.

What's In The Bag?

Bag-Ogio Cart Bag

Driver-Callaway Diablo 10* with Reg shaft

Wood- TaylorMade R7 CGB Max

Hybrids- Adams 3&4

Irons-Nike Slingshots

Wedges-Titleist BV's

Putter-Taylor Made something or another

Balls-Whatever I have in the bag but mostly Nike or Titleist

Shoes-Adidas

Normally play around Grove City. Phoenix, Split Rock, Foxfire. Played Oakhaven this year for OSU Coach's Outing. Will be playing Pinnacle and Medallion in August for outings.

44 is not bad, I shot 42,44 at Pinnacle yesterday. My uncle shot 31,35 from the tips!!! I feel anything under 45 on 9 is respectable.

I was just mad that I couldn't capitalize on any good plays. 310 yard drive? Let's hit a gap off the toe and bogey the hole...

Just played Minerva today and shot my career low of 78. I was not only able to capitalize on some good plays, but I was able to, somehow, overcome the bad ones. I thought my game was done when I topped my drive on 11 for a whopping 60 yards, but I was able to save it by hitting a great hybrid to just off the right side of the green.

I was just mad that I couldn't capitalize on any good plays. 310 yard drive? Let's hit a gap off the toe and bogey the hole...

Just played Minerva today and shot my career low of 78. I was not only able to capitalize on some good plays, but I was able to, somehow, overcome the bad ones. I thought my game was done when I topped my drive on 11 for a whopping 60 yards, but I was able to save it by hitting a great hybrid to just off the right side of the green.

Solid round!

Golf (League play only)

In Da bag:

Bag - TaylorMade

Driver - TaylorMade SuperFast (9.5 stiff shaft)

Woods - TaylorMade SuperFast 3 / 5

Irons - TaylorMade R7's

Wedges - TaylorMade (I know sopunds like a broken record)

Putter - White Hot (Teron)

Balls - Callaway Warbird 2.0 and Nike Mojo's (And they are sweaty after playing tonight)

Low to mid 40's in league play

* Awesome pic from Asheville (I played a hole in New Mexico that was a 220 yards and used a 9 iron because the drop / density of the air - Still flew the green). Definitely recommend playing out West if you get a chance.

Edited by Second Gen
Still can't spell

That guy is a monster. That course is not forgiving and that is impressive as hell. I shot there this past Thursday and shot 43,41 and that was with some terrible putting. Was it just me or were the greens at that place faster than a greased pig? I felt like I was putting on an iced over pond, i couldn't get anything to stop.

Brandon we need to get out. It's been a long time.

That guy is a monster. That course is not forgiving and that is impressive as hell. I shot there this past Thursday and shot 43,41 and that was with some terrible putting. Was it just me or were the greens at that place faster than a greased pig? I felt like I was putting on an iced over pond, i couldn't get anything to stop.

Brandon we need to get out. It's been a long time.

Bridgeview was ungodly fast today. I couldn't get a single ball to bite and I used a 4ft putting stroke for 10ft putts.

What sucked is we tee'd off at 7:15 and the dew didn't help early in the round either.

I"ve been kicking around the idea of trying out a belly putter. I bought an Odyssey Two-Ball putter a year ago and its helped, a lot, but I still two putt probably 50% of the time. I don't have the time to practice nearly as much as I'd like bc of the fam. Buying fancy new clubs will cure poor muscle memory and technique right??

What sucked is we tee'd off at 7:15 and the dew didn't help early in the round either.

I"ve been kicking around the idea of trying out a belly putter. I bought an Odyssey Two-Ball putter a year ago and its helped, a lot, but I still two putt probably 50% of the time. I don't have the time to practice nearly as much as I'd like bc of the fam. Buying fancy new clubs will cure poor muscle memory and technique right??

Chad, I made the switch I use a belly putter now! I have some demos you can play with as well!

Buy new clubs. Dont. Be. Scared.

I am open all week lets get a t-time!

Chad, I made the switch I use a belly putter now! I have some demos you can play with as well!

Buy new clubs. Dont. Be. Scared.

I am open all week lets get a t-time!

I agree, especially with a putter. Putting, to me, is mostly confidence in what you can do and what your equipment will do. If you look at your putter and question whether it works for you, you won't putt as well as you can.

Brandon, what can you do on 20XI-X balls?