Top 10 Underrated cars of 2012

TTQ B4U

I don't normally agree with much of the content in articles like this, but here's one where I agree with nearly all the choices.

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/underrated-cars-of-2012.html?page=all

I've driven many of them which has played a big part of my feelings

Good article IMO.

Try to keep in mind that those autos listed aren't neccessarily "better" than their counterparts, they've merely been rated there without real scale. Without actual knowledge of what each individual compares their car to, it's simply a "fun" list with some relevant choices.

That being said, there has been some real improvements by some of the companies listed there, however, I'm still waiting to see how a few of these work out long term and truly compared to their counterparts, not, for example, the cruze being predominantly compared to its complete pos counterpart, the cobalt. A blind monkey could've improved that. ;)

Also, the Hyundai's are great with their swoopy styling, etc, but how will they age? Not well, Im guessing. And their prices aren't exactly below the competition any longer. They HAVE NOT matched the quality of their top german and japanese piers, yet, either. In handling and ride, too.

(Disclaimer: I do not make specific comments on cars I haven't experienced, yet.)

Try to keep in mind that those autos listed aren't neccessarily "better" than their counterparts, they've merely been rated there without real scale. Without actual knowledge of what each individual compares their car to, it's simply a "fun" list with some relevant choices. That being said, there has been some real improvements by some of the companies listed there, however, I'm still waiting to see how a few of these work out long term and truly compared to their counterparts, not, for example, the cruze being predominantly compared to its complete pos counterpart, the cobalt. A blind monkey could've improved that. ;)

I agree. While I've not driven a Cruze, one of my reps did buy a fully loaded Buick Verano and it's actually pretty darn nice. Like a baby Regal IMO. Way better styling than the Chevy, especially inside.

Also, the Hyundai's are great with their swoopy styling, etc, but how will they age? Not well, Im guessing. And their prices aren't exactly below the competition any longer. They HAVE NOT matched the quality of their top german and japanese piers, yet, either. In handling and ride, too.

I think they are going to age pretty well. Our van has over 60k on the Odo and overall is solid. The dealer here sucks ass though. I am about 1/2 way through the life of my company car the Fusion Sport and depending on what things are like in 1-2 years, I could see going Sonata Turbo for my next company car.

One of our customer service reps just bought a Kia Forte and compared to the Civic, it rides nicer, looks beter IMO and provider a better value in terms of bang for the buck for someone who couldn't afford much. In her case the peace of mind of a 100k warranty was big.