where to get amberjack

nuttinfas

I do not think you will find any at grocery stores. I would say restaurants, mail order and catching them is probably the only way. They are easy to catch off the shore if Florida.

+1.

I'll be in Naples at the end of this week...never had amberjack and want to try it.

To Kirk and anyone who's fished FL...I recently picked up a 23' Hurricane and want to get more into fishing...any really good resources online for what equipment (rods, reels, lures) to get? Where to buy?

+1.

I'll be in Naples at the end of this week...never had amberjack and want to try it.

To Kirk and anyone who's fished FL...I recently picked up a 23' Hurricane and want to get more into fishing...any really good resources online for what equipment (rods, reels, lures) to get? Where to buy?

i'll talk with my buddy. he's now a fishing nut. we went out tons of times with guides that he found on a florida sport fishing forum. these guys are guys that do it for a living---sometimes we use their equipment, sometimes we buy exactly what they recommend. i'd recommend joining a fishing forum, or using a captain when you go offshore. having more experienced people on the boat never helps

i'll talk with my buddy. he's now a fishing nut. we went out tons of times with guides that he found on a florida sport fishing forum. these guys are guys that do it for a living---sometimes we use their equipment, sometimes we buy exactly what they recommend. i'd recommend joining a fishing forum, or using a captain when you go offshore. having more experienced people on the boat never helps

The guy from Naples Boat Mart that delivered the boat also offered to be a fishing captain, and I also have a few friends with boats that we can leverage. I'm looking to make a wise initial investment in fishing equipment and be done with it.

I will be in Naples this weekend as well as next week if you want to meet up. I can go over all of the items you need to know. Shoot me a PM with contact info and I can show you around.I am going to one of my favorite spots about 60miles out on tuesday next week if interested.

I will be in Naples this weekend as well as next week if you want to meet up. I can go over all of the items you need to know. Shoot me a PM with contact info and I can show you around.I am going to one of my favorite spots about 60miles out on tuesday next week if interested.

PM'd

• 2 weeks later...