Trans Am Turbo Prep / build progress

starkmaster03

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Lookin good man! Really excited to see this setup when its done and how you built it / routing on the pipes.

Another question is with your turbo being mounted so low are you going to use an oil scavenge pump to make sure it doesn't get starved for oil?

Lookin good man! Really excited to see this setup when its done and how you built it / routing on the pipes.

Another question is with your turbo being mounted so low are you going to use an oil scavenge pump to make sure it doesn't get starved for oil?

Yeah I've already picked up a scavenging pump for the setup.

• 1 month later...

I've got two months to get the car up and running before the wedding so I ordered some more parts and hope to have updates weekly as I work to get this finished up.

Parts that have just come in:

Fast Fuel Rails and fuel line kit

DeatschWerks 78cc injectors

Automotive A1000 fuel regulator

Fuel quick release to -6AN adaptors

New 2 bar map sensor

Vacuum pump and kit

• 4 weeks later...

I finished the adding the WG connection to the DP and also welded an O2 bung into the DP and another O2 bung close to the drivers manifold as there isn't one in the 6 liter manifold. I then pulled all of the hotside off and just finished wrapping all of the hotside.

16218177454_6a6f8023d0_b.jpg16653158190_85887be437_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just an update: Took the intake back off to clean up the wiring and replaced the intake gaskets. Installed the fuel injector adapters, new NGK plugs, new MSD plug wires, reinstalled the coils, installed the oil feed line, installed the fuel regulator, installed the fuel lines, re-routed and installed the 02 sensors.

16887881199_af8fd323e3_b.jpg

Also working on a mount in the old alternator location for the scavenging pump. I hope to finish the bottom of the bracket tomorrow and then focus on the cold side.

17048150156_22aef7fa4d_b.jpg

Been working on the car and making a lot of progress. First time I've tried welding aluminum and I like it.

Radiator before:

16943407309_54ac54b62d_b.jpg

90 degree bend I welded up and added the hose end to it as well and then grind it all down.

17129613325_33fd477b5c_b.jpg

Cut the radiator outlet to match and welded the entire thing to the radiator. I also added the steam vent bung to the radiator as well

17128053262_890bfc63b7_b.jpg

This shows it after I've put it back in the car and shows the clearance that I needed to gain since the outlet was up against the hot side piping.

17103662516_cefed26705_b.jpg

Thanks to Cordell for helping me get these pipes cut and fabricated up.

Here is the Turbo to intercooler pipe welded up

17128974041_d318690a77_b.jpg

Here is the intercooler charge pipe that will connect via 90 degree silicone elbow to the upper charge pipe.

16943415409_5b8112741b_b.jpg

I also finished the scavenging pump mount. Had to go get 1/4 tungsten as I couldn't get the thicker aluminum to puddle with the 1/16 tungsten I've been using.

16942074250_524b874cda_b.jpg