99 blazer surging

Green Bastard

like the title says, i have a 99 blazer and it surges. it doesnt do it at idle or full throttle, more around 2k rpms and steady cruising speed. it does have a cel and i had that checked, it came back with three codes all saying there was a bad switch or sensor in the evap system. could this be the cause or is it something else. it doesnt run bad at idle so that leads me to believe its not a vacuum problem. it runs pretty good but the surging is starting to get on my nerves. if anyone has expiranced this before any info would be greatly appreciated. fwiw its a 4.3 vortec motor.

Surging huh? Do you actually have the codes? Those things are bad about a few things (like the spider injector shit, and crappy flat distributor cap), but I don't really see these things surging. Could it be descibed as missing or stumbling?

no, its a surge, when the throttle is held steady its like your pressing the gas and letting off just a little. its about a 500 rpm surge. there is no miss though. i cant remember the code, but it said it was the evap system. i wanna say 0430 maybe? could be wrong though.

P0420? P0430 isn't one commonly used by GM, those codes relate to the cats not the EVAP system. Cats going bad should cause a defined stumble when they get bad enough, if that is even the right code.

I suppose if were mine I'd clean out the throttle body and IAC valve, best done with the parts removed for a thorough cleaning. You can try that and see if it makes a difference.

my lt1 does a very similar surge,yet not near as many rpms,maybe 50rpm. just enough to notice it.very annoying.scanned it and the code said evap. but i know nothing about EGR systems. not sure what to do.

I'm pretty sure the evap system is leaking, when the blazer is running it smells like gas sometimes, and I saw what looked like vapor come out from under the truck. I'm gonna crawl under it tomorrow and see if I can pinpoint the leak. I got a can of carb and choke cleaner and cleaned the iac with no luck.

its part of the tranny's harness. the whole harness has to be replaced. its a $60 part if i remember right. drop the pan, remove connectors from the other solenoids, use a socket (dont remember what size) to depress the tabs to the main harness plug to pull it out the bottom of the case, and unbolt the tcc solenoid.