Overheating Issue

Big A

My boss picked up a boat this season and we are having some issues with it over heating. It is a 1995 Playtime with a inboard Volvo 3.0GL. We have installed a new impeller kit and thermostat. Additionally we have pulled the hoses to check for any obstructions. It will stay cool at ¼ throttle and idle. As soon as we go more than ¼ throttle it cannot keep the eng cool and starts to overheat. Anyone have an ideas what it could be or what to check next?

sounds like you aren't getting enough suction. you said you already replaced the impeller? have you run the boat without water at all? that will ruin that little impeller very fast! other than that the cooling system on boats is super simple and I don't know of anything else.

sounds like you aren't getting enough suction. you said you already replaced the impeller? have you run the boat without water at all? that will ruin that little impeller very fast! other than that the cooling system on boats is super simple and I don't know of anything else.

Yes we already replaced the impeller. The one we took out didn't appear to have any damage but we replaced it anyway. We have run it some out of the water with the muffs and only at low RPM. He had it out on the lake yesterday and still had the issue. We have checked all the supply hoses to the eng and can't find anything. Next we were going to see where the water leaves the block to see if something is blocking it there. As you said the cooling system is simple, that is why we are a little stumped.