Cr y u no race???

phil

Cars get sold

I think this is part of how age separates 'real' "car guys" from 'guys who like cars'. My wife knows better than to ever even suggest that I dont have my cars. And I'm not giving it up because I have kids, instead I hope my son (and my daughter for that matter) get into it as well, and want to enjoy it with me. Sure, I dont race (proper road racing) like I used to, because I dont want to spend the money and a whole weekend away from my family. BUT once at least my son is old enough to go with me; bet your bottom dollar I will be BIA. And I do still get the occassional day on a weekend off to head to hte track.

I remember when my wife was pregnant with both kids, i would get all kinds of "well I guess you will have to sell the race cars and vette now" "I used to have a XXX, but then I sold it when I had kids" I rolled my eyes at all that stuff. lol

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is part of how age separates 'real' "car guys" from 'guys who like cars'. My wife knows better than to ever even suggest that I dont have my cars. And I'm not giving it up because I have kids...

x2

bought my vette 2 months before my 2nd was born. if you like cars you will make it happen.

I also loved the comments from people asking my wife is she was "OK" with it. she didn't pay for it why should she care what the hell I do. :dumb:

Id say the reason people quit racing for the mot part same for everyone. They grow up life happens kids being a parent become what's important. Cars get sold and mini vans get bought wich i s gay. At least be a man and get a suv. Wich I why I have 3. Lol and some like me never done it. The reason u see ray mark sam and so on is they can afford the tickets car impounds lost license or attny to keep em. Not many grown middle income men street racing. Now there deff are a few and I've went to the west side man weekends but just to talk to people hell they harldy race too.

they hardly race cause they spend 4 hours arguing about $200 dollars and 3 inches....ive seen them set up and lock in a race in the lot, then get to the spot and argue for 2 more hours about the shit they just agreed on. its funny to listen to some of the excuses and reasons they come up with though.

I agree with part of what Matt says and I disagree with some of it to.

Yes people do have kids and get mini vans and need to make some life changes. I started racing and getting in to cars in 1994. I was 19 and my 1st son was born in 95. That didnt stop me from following my dream, passion or whatever. I was away from home a lot but I ALWAYS took care of my kid. I was fortunate enough to get thrown right in the mix with lots of fast cars right off the bat. For a good 10-12 years I spent almost every night in the shop, street racing and at the track. We traveled all across the country racing, IHRA Top Sportsman and IHRA Pro Stock. That was my life for a very long time. I got to a point where I was just tired of being away so much and decided to take some time away. I never was completely out of racing but I took a big step back for a good 8 years or so. In the last 5 or 6 years since I have been back in to it, more and more every year, I see a lot of new faces but most of the old crew is still around. They may not come out as much but they still do. I dont know to many people who are as busy as me. I have 5 kids, a wife, 3 cars a mortgage and much much more and I still find time to follow my passion. Its not about Mature, immature, whos better than who, whos grown up ect ect. Its about the passion for cars and racing. No matter what you do in life it stays with you. That fire does not die. If you can say some of the BS that comes out of Hal's mouth then your nothing more than a poser in my book and you never had the fire burning. You can be mature and successful and still have a good time doing what you love.

Id say the reason people quit racing for the mot part same for everyone. They grow up life happens kids being a parent become what's important. Cars get sold and mini vans get bought wich i s gay. At least be a man and get a suv. Wich I why I have 3. Lol and some like me never done it. The reason u see ray mark sam and so on is they can afford the tickets car impounds lost license or attny to keep em. Not many grown middle income men street racing. Now there deff are a few and I've went to the west side man weekends but just to talk to people hell they harldy race too.

Why not have an SUV.... And race it? :fuckyeah:

I will race th blazer when its finished. Already has the old nitrousmotor and parts to put the big shot kit on. And I have 2 full bottles ready. Just got to get time to put this 9" in and gedt a driveshaft. But I still won't race on the street. Prety shure I never will. Racing a 11sec car I stupid to me on the street but trying it with a 9 sec or 8 sec one is nuts. I do however like watching people and their bs setting them up and just talking cars with good friends.

I will race th blazer when its finished. Already has the old nitrousmotor and parts to put the big shot kit on. And I have 2 full bottles ready. Just got to get time to put this 9" in and gedt a driveshaft. But I still won't race on the street. Prety shure I never will. Racing a 11sec car I stupid to me on the street but trying it with a 9 sec or 8 sec one is nuts. I do however like watching people and their bs setting them up and just talking cars with good friends.

then you should come out with me more then :lol: we mite not get the 9 sec cars to race as much, but anytime we have set up something that is kinda organized you are gonna see 10-12 sec cars run atleast 10 times in one nite with minimal bs. usually everyone is just out there for fun and sooting the shit. like sat nite, there must have been 10 races easy, but we sat around and talked til damn near 4-5 am. it was a great time

I also loved the comments from people asking my wife is she was "OK" with it. she didn't pay for it why should she care what the hell I do. :dumb:

:dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb:

Really Ryan?

I expected more from you.

Many couples share incomes, have a single account, and consider their spouses when it comes to any large financial purchase. I'd ask my wife her thoughts on a $200 table, $1,000 TV or $500 Xbox, let alone a car. This signifies nothing but respect and consideration for more than yourself.

That doesn't mean she makes the ultimate decision, but I value her insight. If I didn't, why would I have married her?

Your overall post, :dumb:

Really Ryan?

Many couples share incomes, have a single account, and consider their spouses when it comes to any large financial purchase. I'd ask my wife her thoughts on a $200 table, $1,000 TV or $500 Xbox, let alone a car. This signifies nothing but respect and consideration for more than yourself.

That doesn't mean she makes the ultimate decision, but I value her insight. If I didn't, why would I have married her?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/jenn26435/PussyWhipped.jpg

Really Ryan?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/jenn26435/PussyWhipped.jpg

FUCKIN LOL

el oh el

I feel sad for those guys out there that have to discuss getting an xbox or have to share checking accounts. If you can pay your bills why would what you do with your extra money be a big deal?

I also never said I don't discuss purchases with my wife. I was commenting on how everyone seemed to ask HER about MY car. What does she care? she is not into cars and has no opinion on stuff like that. People don't ask ME how I feel about her weekly shopping trips to Easton, Target, etc.

exactly... I dont buy a single thing for the corvette or the race cars w/o talking to my wife first (if it is expensive)

Or rule is no purchases over $500 without talking to the other first. What I am saying is, I do still plan those purchases and make them when it is financially viable. I didnt sell my car and give up because I now have a wife and kids. I have a HUGE passion for this stuff, and my wife knows it.

Everyone has to have 'some' hobby/thing they enjoy. For me it is 'car stuff'. Some guys play with cars for awhile, then trade it in for fishing or golf or something else I can't relate to.

Wow classic style CR thread is classic. One topic to another without missing a beat.

I ask my wife about everything, she's my accountant, of course if that meant I'd stop getting to do things I want to do she'd stop getting my business.

el oh el

I feel sad for those guys out there that have to discuss getting an xbox or have to share checking accounts. If you can pay your bills why would what you do with your extra money be a big deal?

I also never said I don't discuss purchases with my wife. I was commenting on how everyone seemed to ask HER about MY car. What does she care? she is not into cars and has no opinion on stuff like that. People don't ask ME how I feel about her weekly shopping trips to Easton, Target, etc.

You are retarded. I don't have to do it, I choose to do it.

exactly... I dont buy a single thing for the corvette or the race cars w/o talking to my wife first (if it is expensive)

Or rule is no purchases over $500 without talking to the other first. What I am saying is, I do still plan those purchases and make them when it is financially viable. I didnt sell my car and give up because I now have a wife and kids. I have a HUGE passion for this stuff, and my wife knows it.

Everyone has to have 'some' hobby/thing they enjoy. For me it is 'car stuff'. Some guys play with cars for awhile, then trade it in for fishing or golf or something else I can't relate to.

You were always clear and I understood your point, and agree with it.

Damn, even though this is the kitchen calling someone retarded is just... hurtful.

Guess I will bow out of this convo.. :no:

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/131a9ef8cbadcb60efbef1d649b1296e/http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g322/KamienEatsMustaches/roflbot1.jpg