Has anybody used PVC pipe for an intake pipe?

RC K9

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It works fine. I've run a full high temp pvc i/c piping setup (cool side - from i/c to intake manifold) on an old turbo supra years ago running approx 10-12psi. I had some issues with the pipe running across the top of the turbo to the intake manifold. I used steel sleeves approx. 2-3in in length on the inside of the pipe opening and wrapped that section on the outside in aluminum cans :gabe:, then wrapped the whole thing in heat wrap. Never had a single issue with leaks or heat deformation afterward.

In other words, it will be absolutely fine for your intake done properly. Just keep an eye on it for awhile, of course.

It works fine. I've run a full high temp pvc i/c piping setup (cool side - from i/c to intake manifold) on an old turbo supra years ago running approx 10-12psi. I had some issues with the pipe running across the top of the turbo to the intake manifold. I used steel sleeves approx. 2-3in in length on the inside of the pipe opening and wrapped that section on the outside in aluminum cans :gabe:, then wrapped the whole thing in heat wrap. Never had a single issue with leaks or heat deformation afterward.

In other words, it will be absolutely fine for your intake done properly. Just keep an eye on it for awhile, of course.

I put the stock heatshield back on over the exhaust manifold so hopefully that offers some relief, however small it may be.

Honestly I would use all like sized tubing, epoxy it together sand it smooth and then paint it. It would look less cobbled together like that.

my best friends intake was made exactly like this, looks really good cant even tell its adhered together

My kit came made with the filter to be installed on the turbo inlet. I bought 2 pieces of mandrel bent 4" diesel exhaust for <$30 and welded them up to put the filter down by the inner fender and painter it black like the rest of the cold side. It looks good and it lowered my iats by a lot.

You may find this helpful or at least enlightening.

http://www.jblmk3.com/cars/pvc.php

Interesting read. Thanks.

Can it be done? Yes. Will it look good? No. Fuck no.

Who cares what it looks like. Function over form. It's a DSM. All that matters is whether it works well or not.

HAY GUIZ HAZ NE1 USED ETHERNET CABLES FOR SPARK PLUG WIRES?

This thread is retarded.

:lolguy: And yet you still felt the need to post in it. :dumb:

You should consider spending more time tending to that crackwhore you call a girlfriend than thread shitting in the tech section on CR.

Edited by RC K9

I would use ABS piping rather than PVC. It has a higher temp rating if I remember right. I used to use it on my Lumina back in the day and even my Regal from a few years ago. Pretty thick. I picked it up from HD or lowes a while back. I actually have a good 4' section still in the garage. it's 4" OD and 3.5" ID.