Water fight ideas

stealthmonkey

Hey guys. I need some help. My friends up here we are having a water fight. It is going to be +60 people with water guns etc... Well this is a no rulez fight which means I want to take it to the next level.

I have a pickup truck and thought about renting a high pressure sprayer but that would be dangerous..

Thought about building a water balloon launcher but that could be to pain full as well.. The object is to get the girls in the group as wet as possible. ...

Willing to rent higher grade equipment if it means that i will be king of the hill. Anyone thoughts.. ?

If the object is ultimately to get the girls, you need to be more concerned with volume of water...the wetter the better, and you want to get the job done quickly.

Strap a couple of 55gal plastic drums in the back (foodservice barrels), and get some garden hose or other decent diameter cheap hose from a hardware store. Some sort of volume-focused siphon pump (from Harbor Freight? Electric, or hand pump?). I envision 4 bros in the back, in 2-man teams (one per barrel). One pumps, the other hoses.

Have a 5th bro in the passenger seat doing drive-bys with a heavy water gun.

Does the truck have a sliding rear window? water balloons in the truck bed. pumping crews can use the balloons at their discretion, or pass seat bro can grenade attack from inside the truck cab.

Decorate the truck too. Girls love decorated trucks.

What about a backpack round up sprayer? They don't have a huge water volume. When I was a wee lad in Boy Scouts, the summer camp had these:

http://productimages.grainger.com/is/image/Grainger/3EJT4_AS01?$productdetail$

Totally a beast at putting out fires. Just pump the handle. The metal one is like $400, a plastic one is around $220 and a bag style one is around $150 from grainger.

You hit somebody with a high pressure sprayer and be ready for a water fight to change into a fist fight.

Or a lawsuit

What about a backpack round up sprayer? They don't have a huge water volume. When I was a wee lad in Boy Scouts, the summer camp had these:

http://productimages.grainger.com/is/image/Grainger/3EJT4_AS01?$productdetail$

Totally a beast at putting out fires. Just pump the handle. The metal one is like $400, a plastic one is around $220 and a bag style one is around $150 from grainger.

...and have people panic when they think you're spraying chemicals at them.

If the object is ultimately to get the girls, you need to be more concerned with volume of water...the wetter the better, and you want to get the job done quickly.

Strap a couple of 55gal plastic drums in the back (foodservice barrels), and get some garden hose or other decent diameter cheap hose from a hardware store. Some sort of volume-focused siphon pump (from Harbor Freight? Electric, or hand pump?). I envision 4 bros in the back, in 2-man teams (one per barrel). One pumps, the other hoses.

Have a 5th bro in the passenger seat doing drive-bys with a heavy water gun.

Does the truck have a sliding rear window? water balloons in the truck bed. pumping crews can use the balloons at their discretion, or pass seat bro can grenade attack from inside the truck cab.

Decorate the truck too. Girls love decorated trucks.

you should get some sort of award for all of these great idea!!

yeah I think the truck will be stationary since it will be in a park. But Here is what i am thinking. I found 55 gallon plastic water drums on craigslist for $3 a piece. get four of those. Then get this pump from harbor frieght

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-marine-utility-water-pump-94639.html

Then a 100 ft water hose and go to town.. Thoughts?

(Evil Laugh) ... lol

Parked is just as good. Doors open to shield brotacos from enemy water attacks. No bouncing around will prevent water balloon breakage in bed. Engine can run to power the pump....

I'm starting to think you could even run one pump, with a y-diverter into two hoses...one for each bro. The problem is that bishes be smart and they'll stay away from the truck after the first soak down. Maybe get a lot of hose so you can move away from the truck?

19" cable on pump...that thing is residing in the engine bay. Be careful of hose running from barrels in truck bed through the engine bay and battery, especially if engine is running so alternator charges battery.

Worst case scenario, still have backpack sprayers, supersoakers for mobile ops. Pump can still reload other bro water weaponry.

Fight the good fight, Geoff. CR expects pictures of your inevitable triumph over the womens. I suggest GoPro dash cam...:)

that pump will pump 300 gallons per hour.. so check my math..

4 x 55 gallons. = 220 gallons. = 5 gallons a minute for 45 minutes roughly. I think if i put a handle on the end. that should do it. But I dont know if i will have enough output from the pump for two lines. So i was thinking just one 100 ft hose. Should give me enough power..

Clay excellent idea about the doors as shields. Pending how much money i have left over will determine if i will get a super soaker with backpack. Pics forsure. I dont know about a go pro. I dont really know anyone who has one to let me borrow.

I think i have a good plan going. Does anyone else have any ideas?

Make a barrel out of PVC like those plunger type squirt guns. Then you could have different screw on end caps with various sized holes drilled in them. Small hole for distance, large for more volume. If anyone gets close enough, just take the cap off..